Yamaha Montage 7 to Dell - Multi-Notes Issue

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
jdsacks1000

Yamaha Montage 7 to Dell - Multi-Notes Issue

Post by jdsacks1000 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:03 pm

Hello,

I had this setup working but had a broken key which I had repaired. Now for some reason I cannot get the setup to capture the notes correctly - I get the 2 notes/color issue showing correct and incorrect note. My rig is a Roland DUO Capture EX - a Dell Laptop running Windows 10 and a Yamaha Montage 7. I turned Local Control Off in Utilities in the Montage which worked when I initially set this up. I just did a clean install of Playground with no change. I have rebooted, turned on and off keyboard - checked cables - USB to and from the Dell and everything lines up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

rickm

Re: Yamaha Montage 7 to Dell - Multi-Notes Issue

Post by rickm » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:14 am

Just a guess, but if you have 2 MIDI cables connected between the keyboard and the Roland interface, try disconnecting the cable between the Roland's MIDI out and the keyboard's MIDI IN.

I think the keyboard's Local Control OFF would only effect it's audio output, not it's MIDI output.

Another thing to check is if the keyboard is transmitting out more than one MIDI Channel. You could try turning off all output channels except for Channel 1.