Losing video sound when using ASIO

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Jonny Twosteps

Losing video sound when using ASIO

Post by Jonny Twosteps » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi,
I'm having latency problem so I download and installed ASIO. This sorted out the latency problem but then I no longer got any sound from videos when they were played and I'm pretty useless when it comes to lip reading.

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Losing video sound when using ASIO

Post by seant23 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:16 pm

ASIO will/should only be used for the piano,metro,count in, and accompaniments. The video sound will always use your default windows audio profile.

In Playground, when you go to Settings -> Audio Devices, and change from ASIO to another device type, does the video audio work fine?

Jonny Twosteps

Post by Jonny Twosteps » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:05 pm

Changing back to an alternate setting type other than ASIO there is still no sound. Once ASIO has been selected in order to get any new settings to work I have to close and then re open playground.

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:06 pm

With Windows 7 you can usually get pretty low latency without having to use ASIO. If you open up Playground, and go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Devices -> Output, you can play with the sample rates, the lower the sample rate the better latency you will get. This is largely dependent on what kind of sound card you have in your computer. You can also try and adjust the latency directly. You will loose some audio quality by lowering the sample rates and latency, but you should be able to lower it pretty significantly without too much of a quality of sound drop off.

Are you using the ASIO4ALL driver by the way?

purple45

Post by purple45 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:20 am

ASIO will/should only be used for the piano,metro,count in, and accompaniments. The video sound will always use your default windows audio profile.???
We provide fast success in testking dumps exam and by using our Tabor College high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and Southwestern College dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success

seant23
Site Admin

Post by seant23 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi Purple45,

You are correct!

henrybill13

Post by henrybill13 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:09 am

The mashin connects to my computer in the normal way via USB and uses my integrated audio with ASIO4ALL. Plug in hearing aids to use mascheen.

The speakers on my computer, for YouTube and others, are basic and are now connected to the gaming keyboard (Logitech G110) which has a small built-in sound card. Even the USB speakers and the 3.5 mm jack go into it.

rn7ekxqda

Post by rn7ekxqda » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:59 am

If you open the game field, go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Hardware -> Output, you can play using sample rates, the lower the sample rate, the better the response time. This depends largely on the type of sound card you have on your computer. You can also try to adjust the response time directly.