Need powered USB hub suggestion / recommendation

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
DivaStyleCoach

Need powered USB hub suggestion / recommendation

Post by DivaStyleCoach » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:30 pm

The honeymoon seems to be over for my iRig keyboard, USB hub and trying to access Playground Sessions - not a fault of the program, but definitely of my USB hub. First I started noticing that when I pressed keys during a lesson, they didn't light up any more on my computer screen. Then I tried switching ports on my non-powered USB hub, and after swapping out the headphones I use for Playground and the keyboard USB cable, I finally unplugged the non-powered hub and plugged both the iRig keyboard and my headphones directly into the USB slots on the front of my computer...

THAT solved the problem!! I was able to finish my lessons and practice for today with no further problems. I think after a while my USB hub just got "tired" so now I'm on the hunt for a POWERED hub. I still have an iPhone, and iPad and other peripherals that I sometimes plug into USB ports, and my desktop only has two ports in the front of the unit.

Anyone else have this issue and end up buying a powered USB hub? Any recommendations or suggestions? Not looking to spend a ton, but I also don't want to have to swap out cables every time I need a USB port...

Thanks in advance!

Dianne D. :D
Dianne Daniels
Norwich, CT
iRig KeysPro keyboard, iPad4, iPhone 6 Plus

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Need powered USB hub suggestion / recommendation

Post by davidsides » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Hey Dianne,

Did you ever find a better solution?

goheyn

Post by goheyn » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:23 pm

I have been using this one for a couple years and have had no problems: http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Ports-Po ... 2G17BCPM1E

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Great! I'm glad to hear.