Audio Setup with MIDI Keyboard?

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
Lancer X

Audio Setup with MIDI Keyboard?

Post by Lancer X » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 am

I just purchased a PS subscription, and we already own a Yamaha YPG-235 keyboard. I have tested the MIDI compatibility, and the keyboard is "talking to" my laptop just fine.

My question is: how do I set up my audio so that I can use Playground Sessions over headphones only? The keyboard has a headphone jack, as does my laptop. But what if I want to listen to both the video instruction and the output from our keyboard? Are you guys using splitter cables to combine the audio streams, or what?

Thanks in advance!

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Audio Setup with MIDI Keyboard?

Post by seant23 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi Lancer,

We recommend you turn the volume of your keyboard all the way down, and then use your PC's headphone jack. There you will hear the piano and accompaniments all together.

Lancer X

Re: Audio Setup with MIDI Keyboard?

Post by Lancer X » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Oh, great - thanks!

I guess this is why people have been asking about VST support for Playground Sessions? You're currently playing the output of the keyboard via MIDI with a canned piano sound?

Excited to get started!

DodikBob

Audio Setup with MIDI Keyboard

Post by DodikBob » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:43 pm

Midi thru?

Toggle input monitoring on and off

R u using it
On a instrument track? U should
Be - using USB or actual midi cable ?

U said USB interface but how are u wanting to sync ur keyboard ? Audio out ? Or use it as a midi controller ?

ComosBob

Audio Setup with MIDI Keyboard

Post by ComosBob » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:33 pm

midi thru is enabled i dont know how to turn off or on toggle input monitoring.I have a yamaha kyboard im using the cakewalk um-1g interface my midi in is pluged into the midi out port on my keyboard and the other end is usb which is plugged into my laptop.I am trying to use the keyboard to make music and edit and record it thru protools. Ive tried instrument and midi tracks and it still doesnt playback thru protools.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Audio Setup with MIDI Keyboard

Post by davidsides » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:00 am

ComosBob wrote:midi thru is enabled i dont know how to turn off or on toggle input monitoring.I have a yamaha kyboard im using the cakewalk um-1g interface my midi in is pluged into the midi out port on my keyboard and the other end is usb which is plugged into my laptop.I am trying to use the keyboard to make music and edit and record it thru protools. Ive tried instrument and midi tracks and it still doesnt playback thru protools.
Sorry but we can't help you with getting your keyboard to work with Pro Tools.