Kawai ES100 ?

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
davawt

Kawai ES100 ?

Post by davawt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:53 am

Hi there
I am due to get a Kawai ES100 this coming week and wonder if anyone else has tried one of these on PGS.
I have bought it for the great piano sounds not the add on stuff that comes with other digital piano's.
It has Midi in and out but no USB, but I have a Yamaha usb/midi cable that works with my present yamaha p11, so I am hoping all will work fine.
bye,
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Kawai ES100 ?

Post by davidsides » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:13 am

Nice! From a functionality standpoint it should work just fine with Playground using its MIDI ports. I'm curious to hear what you think of its feel and sounds.

davawt

Post by davawt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:15 am

Hi David
wow, what a difference to what I had (Yamaha P11) this digital piano is the real thing, I love the feel of the keys very like a real piano and the sound is spot on.
Your right it works fine with PGS through my old trusty (Yamaha UX-16) midi to usb cable setup. Just run (edit) setup to change the keys to 88, the rest worked right off no problems. The bugs are still there, but I am enjoying the feel of this piano, I can't explain the difference, but it feels real to me, have not had a real piano for many many years and even then it was not mine just had the use sometimes, well worth the price, although I am told it's the cheapest in the range. The key action is as with as I remember a real piano. Well, keep up the good work with PGS, I still enjoy it even with the bugs up to a time when my score goes right down.
I am sure with time they will be fixed.
bye
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:43 pm

Sounds like an amazing keyboard. I'm glad you're enjoying it! And we're definitely still working on those bugs. We should have them squashed very soon.

davawt

Post by davawt » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:43 pm

Well I have had this digital piano a while now and can honestly say it's the best I have tried, feels good to play, real piano feel to the key action and the sound is spot on. If you get a chance to try one then do, and no I am not getting money for this, just won't to pass on a good thing when I find one.
Hope them bugs are fixed soooon still frustrating every session has them ( sustained notes and chords missed or pink notes popping up ) spoils a great program and my chances of a high score.
bye,
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Nice. I'll have to check that keyboard out. Maybe a trip to Guitar Center is in order this weekend. 8-)

And yes, we're all hoping to have that issue resolved very soon.