Yamaha Clavinova CLP-535

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
gustavl

Yamaha Clavinova CLP-535

Post by gustavl » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:21 am

Hi,

I am using a Yamaha Clavinova with my Playgrounds, and it has proven to be quite annoying. First of all, I have to connect both a USB AND an AUX cable to my Macbook and Clavinova in order to get sound out through the speakers of my piano. When I do this the sound coming from Playgrounds is MUCH MUCH louder than my piano, so I have to lower everything to about 4-5% volume in order to make stuff sound balanced. And even then, there's this TERRIBLE "applause" sound that comes on everytime I gain a level, which seems to be not covered in the sound categories in the settings, which results in it almost BLOWING my speakers because it is so loud.

My iPad can output sound through the USB into the piano, why can't Playgrounds do this?

Also, please consider removing, or at least changing/lowering the sound for gaining a level. It's a terribly compressed, low-quality and all round annoying sound right now, which seems to fall outside any of the categories that I can manipulate in the settings.

Thanks for an otherwise good program.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-535

Post by davidsides » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Thanks for the input. I'm sorry that your experience is less than ideal and I'll make sure to forward this to the team.

gordonanthony

Post by gordonanthony » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Also using a Yamaha Clavinova 535, can get no sound to piano with USB, tried using a M-Audio MIDI , every thing works except the sound. What the best alterntive to get sound, buy another kerboard !!

helgidavid

Post by helgidavid » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello,

I was just wondering if this is still a problem. My wife and I, are planning to buy a piano and the CLP 535 is our favorite to date but we would like to use Playground Sessions as well.

Best regards,
HD

jolmoore73

Post by jolmoore73 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:23 am

Hi,

I have a CLP-535 and I am wanting to use the Playground on it but wanted to check if there were solutions to these problems before I start. It sounds so good

If someone could get back to me I would be really grateful.

Many thanks

Jo

helgidavid

Post by helgidavid » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Hello,

I ended up just bringing my laptop to the shop and tried running Playground Sessions on it. I connected my laptop to it with a USB. At first I had some of the problems described above but then I installed the latest driver USB-Midi driver v. 3.1.4 from the Yamaha website (see link below) and then everything worked as is it should. I ended up buying the piano and have done several sessions already with no issues.

I hope it will work out for you too.

Best regards,
Helgi David

Yamaha website: http://download.yamaha.com/search/produ ... id=1904598

LTChance

Post by LTChance » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Helgidavid,

How is your piano connected to the laptop and where does the sound output? Is it just USB between piano and laptop? Does the sound come from your piano or from the latotp? Thanks!

helgidavid

Post by helgidavid » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:25 pm

LTChance,

I am sorry for the late reply, it got drowned in other emails.

I just connected the piano with USB. The sound comes from both the piano and the computer so I just turn down on the device I don't wish to use.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,
Helgi David