MIDI Connection Between Yamaha E3 Disklavier and MacBook

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
jtettinger

MIDI Connection Between Yamaha E3 Disklavier and MacBook

Post by jtettinger » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:56 pm

I cannot Configure my MIDI connection between my Disklavier player and my MacBook - I've downloaded the Yamaha Driver and the Playground Sessions shows the Keyboard Model but will not respond when I try to refresh and connect. I'm connecting via USB from the Disklavier via the "USB to Host" connection to my MackBook but no response when I play a key.......not sure what to do next ?

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: MIDI Connection Between Yamaha E3 Disklavier and MacBook

Post by davidsides » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:52 am

Hey,

Just checking in to see if you were able to get this resolved yet.

dbaldwin_us

Re: MIDI Connection Between Yamaha E3 Disklavier and Windows

Post by dbaldwin_us » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:51 pm

I am having the same issue connecting my windows 7 laptop with Playground Session to my E3 using the USB and USB to Host. In my case Playground Sessions do not recognize any devise and I have downloaded the Yamaha drivers

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 am

On your Disklavier unit, is it set to MIDI?

Fulmitz

Post by Fulmitz » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:09 pm

I too am trying to get my Disklavier ENST (the newest model as of July 2016) to see the MD-BT01 with Windows 10 anniversary edition which supports Bluetooth midi but nothing shows up. I get a midi connection in Flowkey but not in Playground Sessions. It can't find the keyboard. Any suggestions?

Rob

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Is the unit set to MIDI?

Fulmitz

Post by Fulmitz » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:03 am

Yes. My iPad can connect and playground sessions works, and my windows 10 Surface book can connect and it works with flowkey.com but not with playground sessions.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Fulmitz wrote:Yes. My iPad can connect and playground sessions works, and my windows 10 Surface book can connect and it works with flowkey.com but not with playground sessions.
Can you describe how you have everything connected?

Fulmitz

Post by Fulmitz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:11 am

Sure, I have a Yamaha MD-BT01 connected to the midi port on my Yamaha Disklavier ENST. My Windows 10 Surface Book is connected to the MD-BT01 via bluetooth. When I run Flowkey my disklavier is recognized and works. When I open playground sessions it can't find my midi keyboard (disklavier) My iPad connected via bluetooth does work with Playground sessions. I prefer to use my Surface Book as the screen is bigger and I feel your windows software is more "fleshed out" than the iPad version. The midi is set to out on the disklavier and as I said, it works with FlowKey in windows.

Thanks,

Rob

p.s. I recieved an email 2 weeks after subscribing to lifetime offering 2 for the price of one. Since it's less than 30 days out do I get an extra account for my wife or did I pay 2 weeks too soon?

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Fulmitz wrote:Sure, I have a Yamaha MD-BT01 connected to the midi port on my Yamaha Disklavier ENST. My Windows 10 Surface Book is connected to the MD-BT01 via bluetooth. When I run Flowkey my disklavier is recognized and works. When I open playground sessions it can't find my midi keyboard (disklavier) My iPad connected via bluetooth does work with Playground sessions. I prefer to use my Surface Book as the screen is bigger and I feel your windows software is more "fleshed out" than the iPad version. The midi is set to out on the disklavier and as I said, it works with FlowKey in windows.

Thanks,

Rob

p.s. I recieved an email 2 weeks after subscribing to lifetime offering 2 for the price of one. Since it's less than 30 days out do I get an extra account for my wife or did I pay 2 weeks too soon?
So the iPad works with that wireless setup but your Surface doesn't... Does this setup also work with the desktop version?