MIDI Connection Between Yamaha E3 Disklavier and MacBook

Geek out about your keyboard, MIDI controller and any other equipment you're using with Playground!
davidsides
Site Admin

Re: MIDI Connection Between Yamaha E3 Disklavier and MacBook

Post by davidsides » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:32 pm

davidsides wrote:
Fulmitz wrote:Sure, I have a Yamaha MD-BT01 connected to the midi port on my Yamaha Disklavier ENST. My Windows 10 Surface Book is connected to the MD-BT01 via bluetooth. When I run Flowkey my disklavier is recognized and works. When I open playground sessions it can't find my midi keyboard (disklavier) My iPad connected via bluetooth does work with Playground sessions. I prefer to use my Surface Book as the screen is bigger and I feel your windows software is more "fleshed out" than the iPad version. The midi is set to out on the disklavier and as I said, it works with FlowKey in windows.

Thanks,

Rob

p.s. I recieved an email 2 weeks after subscribing to lifetime offering 2 for the price of one. Since it's less than 30 days out do I get an extra account for my wife or did I pay 2 weeks too soon?
So the iPad works with that wireless setup but your Surface doesn't... Does this setup also work with the desktop version?
Oh, and regarding your Lifetime purchase, just shoot me an email at david@playgroundsessions.com and I'll get you set up.

Fulmitz

Post by Fulmitz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:37 pm

David,

Correct, the iPad works with the wireless Bluetooth setup, but the windows version doesn't. Other windows software work with the Desktop and Bluetooth wireless, but not Playground sessions.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Fulmitz wrote:David,

Correct, the iPad works with the wireless Bluetooth setup, but the windows version doesn't. Other windows software work with the Desktop and Bluetooth wireless, but not Playground sessions.
That's interesting... I'm not sure why that tablet isn't working but the other one is. Is it because Apple products are superior to Windows products? :) (our head of tech is going to hate me for saying that. Haha.)

I notified our head of tech to look into it. Hopefully, he'll respond with some information that would help.