Version 2.5 Released

This forum is for our dev team to communicate up and coming releases and give users insight into what's coming soon.
seant23
Site Admin

Version 2.5 Released

Postby seant23 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Important Notice: Mandatory Update!

We are excited to announce today's release of Playground Sessions version 2.5! This version includes many improvements and bug fixes.

You can download the new version here:

http://www.playgroundsessions.com/support/downloads

Here are the details:

Lesson Player

• Fixed glitch with cancelled practice records
  • Removed tempo slider from toolbar
  • Improved custom tempo prompt to show slow, normal tempos better and allow 200% of normal tempo.
  • Metronome is now defaulted to be on.
  • Videos are now 75% smaller in file size for quicker downloads and smaller hard disk requirements

Application Updates

• Shows multiple version updates (if user hasn't updated in a while).
  • Version data is now shared across the system, so the version numbers that show up on the website will also be the same as the update screens.

Manage My Lessons prompt

• You can now search by lesson name
  • You can now view installed lessons, where as before you could only see lessons the server said you had bought. This is useful for when you on are a computer with multiple accounts.

In App Forum Browser

• Back, home, forward buttons
  • URL bar (can't edit, but can view)
  • Copy URL button for sharing the url with others

Courses

• New UI for showing / access more courses.
  • We will be rolling out the first few extracurricular courses in the next couple weeks

Song Store

• Now shows more relevant song on main page.

Offline Mode

• Offline mode now gives you a nice score dialog.
  • Major UI improvements for offline mode.
  • Courses now show up in offline mode.

Settings

• Can now control sound effect volume.

kavonz40

Re: Version 2.5 Released

Postby kavonz40 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:11 pm

The mac OSX 10.7 version that downloads and updates from the link is still version 2.4.395 and doesn't update the software. Because it's a mandatory update, I'm completely locked out of the application.

seant23
Site Admin

Postby seant23 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:17 pm

Sorry about that, mac links should be working now.

buktotruth

Postby buktotruth » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:13 pm

After installing this update I can no longer download bootcamp lessons. Every time I click, the screen just flashes but nothing happens. I'm using Mac OS X 10.12.3. Please help.

sw1tch73ch

Postby sw1tch73ch » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:18 am

I have the update, but haven't tried all the new features. I didn't even notice the 200% tempo option. I probably won't go all the way to 200% except on the slowest (Maybe not even then), but being able to practice at 10% over full speed will make dropping back to 100% that much smoother, I would think. We'll see how it goes there.

Ah, I noticed the metronome was on. I thought maybe I'd left it that way from a previous practice session. But that makes sense. The first time I play a piece I will want that on to help keep up with the count. So cool, that.

I did notice the lower resolution of the videos, but fully understand the benefit for playing over mobile devices. Even though the resolution of my tablet is better than 1080p, it does need to download and store the videos, so I can live with the smaller videos. It isn't like I need to "read the fine print" there.

I look forward to playing with the new search features. This should be very useful, though at the moment I'm progressing in order one by one, so... anyway. But good deal when I do find I need it.

Definitely YAY on the BACK and FORWARD features in the App access to the Forum. Excellent. I can go back to using the forum fully while in the app on my 'little PC" under my digital piano.

Next - really looking forward to the "extracurricular courses" - awesome news. It's good to be able to augment the "standard" lessons. As I play with these I'll probably be back to comment further (praise and constructive critique as needed ;-) )

It's good to see the notice in the forum, too. It's a nice way to "fact check" that I really do have the latest version above and beyond the "check for update' feature in the app. Please add updates when you do add the 2.5.xxx updates here in the forum, just because it's a warm fuzzy that will keep us happy! ;-)
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

CharlesErickson

Postby CharlesErickson » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:51 pm

coming back from a little vacation from playing (I had let my room get a little cluttered and took a bit off , whew I noticed the hand coordination and speed difference I will take some warming back up to get where I was but just a day or two hard work - gotta hone those Ali finger skills and keep in practice huh? lol ) but looking at the new software I like the sort of ocean blue tags with the finger numbers I think it improves ease and even actually looks a little cooler lol :geek: I think it might make it easier for little kids :) and peeps to associate fingers with numbers quickly and find place easier I remember having keep position then having to look back at the keyboard and lose my keyboard fingering and having to find it again and I can tell it makes it easier for me lool

Return to “Desktop Version Updates”