Credits, Purchasing, Consistent Interface

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
MarkInTexas

Credits, Purchasing, Consistent Interface

Post by MarkInTexas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:37 am

Hello,

New here and started using the application. Overall good stuff.

When it comes to purchasing a song (with credits) is a tad confusing based on which application used.
The confusion is primarily because the interfaces are different in the PC App vs the Online App.
I use the IPad application for playing but have not tried to purchase a song.

I used the Web based app to purchase a song and expected a similar approach in the PC Based app.

In the Web App, there are 2 buttons "Add to Cart" and "Apply Credits" as well as the number of credits available.

In the PC App there is "Add to Cart" and when checking out the credits are applied.
Also there is no indication of how many credits are available when viewing a song for purchases.

Mainly the interfaces and experience should be the same regardless of the application.
The fact they the approach is different is just not good.

Personally I like the Credits to appear in the Cart area as well as showing how many credits are available when viewing a song to purchase.

Since credits do not roll-over, it would also be a nice to show days remaining.
Do credits expire every 30 days, expire at the end of the month, expire based on my start date etc??

Luckily for me I joined on Dec 1, so I am guessing I have till Dec 31 to use my credits.
What if I started Dec 31 - would I have 5 credits and have to use that day or risk loosing them on Jan 1?

You get the idea, some way to indicate how many days left for credits would be great.

andrewwegierski

Re: Credits, Purchasing, Consistent Interface

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:47 pm

I understand that it can be tricky with redeeming song credits from the website or the app. Here are some specific instructions:

In the app:
-go to my Playground
Click on "use credits"
-Add songs to shopping cart
-The checkout will read $0.00.

On the website:
-Go to the music store
-Go to the song library
Add songs to your cart >> use free song credits
-The checkout will read $0.00.

Regarding the song credits - I do not think that they will expire, as long as you maintain an active membership. I will check into this.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

MarkInTexas

Post by MarkInTexas » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks for the response.

Got it figured out, would be nice if the purchase experience was the same everywhere.

According to the FAQ they do not roll-over, would be nice if the did.
https://support.playgroundsessions.com/ ... ext-month-

BTW in the PC App those steps do not appear correct.
Song Store->Click on Song->Add to Cart->View Cart or Checkout->If credits available then total is 0, otherwise the total.
This process is very different than web based approach and the only place credits are displayed (that I have found) is "My Playground".

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks for the correction in my steps for the PC application - those are old steps from my notes, and the app must've changed since then.

I have an update on the song credits. So, the 5 free songs / month will not roll over - but they won't expire entirely either. The short answer is, you'll always have a maximum of 5 free songs in your account for every month. Here are some examples:

1) In the first month, you get 5 free song credits and use them all. You now have 0. Next month, the system will replenish this to 5.

2) In the first month, you don't use any of your free song credits. You still have 5. Next month, the system won't add any new free song credits - you'll still have 5 free song credits. You can look at this as the old ones expired, and the new 5 are there.

3) In the first month, you use 2 free song credits, bringing your total down to 3. Next month, the system will add 2 more free song credits, so you now have 5 total again.

Does that make sense? I recommend using all 5 as soon as possible so you don't forget. Still, the date I said applies - it's the same day of the month (your renewal date) in which the credits get replenished.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com