User Selectable Time Delay before Starting Count and Looping

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
zane

User Selectable Time Delay before Starting Count and Looping

Post by zane » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:46 pm

When practiing a song, adding a time delay before the count begins (and also loops especially) would be helpful.

For example, depending on how fast the count is (and where my computer is) - it is difficult to get your hands in position and your head in the right frame of mind before the you need to start playing notes. Adding a slider bar for a delay on start of the count would be helpful.

When looping - depending where the players hands end up at the end of the loop, it can be impossible to get them back into position before the next loop begins.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: User Selectable Time Delay before Starting Count and Looping

Post by davidsides » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:21 am

Hi Zane,

Great points. I take it your computer is pretty far from your keyboard?

Also, I'll share your suggestion of including an option for a count-in when repeating sections.

thowa

Post by thowa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:53 am

...Please also allow toggling the count altogether as requested alsewhere (optoins for full count 1-2-3-4-1-2-set-go, short count 1-2-set-go and no count at all)...the counting can be very distracting and time consuming.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm not sure what we can do about disabling the count in as I said in another post, but I can try asking about it.

Music in general is very time consuming, haha. It's good to take a few seconds to get your hands prepared. It's also never a good idea to try to jump on a moving train without running along side it first, if you get what I mean. All professional musicians get engaged with the tempo before playing. You can make use of the count in time by singing along to the first measure before it happens, for example.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

thowa

Post by thowa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:07 am

As you say, we are discussing this elsewhere too, so it might be redundand. But for completeness sake:
In looping mode you already decided yourself that "Set-Go" is sufficient or even better. I don't see why it would be hard or even a downside to implement a toggle allowing "set-go" only also when not looping.
Many of us perfer to avoid looping, because looping mode does not record training time currently and we cannot see success rate in loop mode. But we do use the "C" key for repeat which is fast and close to looping function. So the full count is quite annoying in that case.

You already mentioned that you will raise and prioritise this request elsewhere; so, no need to reply here again unless there is news regarding the feature.