A few suggestions for your amazing program.

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Milidin

A few suggestions for your amazing program.

Post by Milidin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:34 pm

I love this program and think it may be my saving grace for learning the piano. There are a couple bits of feedback I have however.

1) When I loop part of a lesson, for some reason PGS does not count the time I'm playing towards my practice time. It would be nice if it did.
2) I LOVE the ability to use the C and D keys on my keyboard to repeat or move on to the next lesson. There are still 5 keys left that could be given an assignment... such as "Repeat song at slow/faster tempo"
3) The ability to repeat a lesson over and over with the reduced count in. Lets say I'm playing a song that is 70bpm and I slow it down to 50bpm to practice it. If I want my practicing to count for experience points and practice time....I can't have the loop feature active...if I don't have the loop feature active...I have to listen to the very very slow (50bpm) and time consuming count in every time I play the song. :(

4) Sometimes the space bar works to start a lesson but sometimes it doesn't. It would be nice to be able to move through this program without ever having to touch a mouse. So more keyboard commands would be great. Like a reliable "play lesson" button, a stop button, toggle slow or fast tempo, etc...

Im using this software on a 2015 Macbook with 10.11.6 El Capitan installed FYI.

Thanks for reading!

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: A few suggestions for your amazing program.

Post by davidsides » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:31 am

Great suggestions. I've forwarded these all to my team.

Milidin

Post by Milidin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Thank you!! :D

thowa

Post by thowa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:47 am

This dates from 2016 and I note that the program (at least the Windows desktop version) still does not record practice time when in loop or in "practice a highlited section" mode.
That is really frustrating; we may sit there and practice for hours and the program would simply not recognize that.

I suggest the program should record any usage time, no matter whether online, offline, looping or just practicing a highlighted section. The time should simply keep running until there is more than e.g. 30 seconds of zero user input and then stop, discounting the last 30 seconds and continue running with the next key strike. I don't care too much about progress points being added in all cases, if that is difficult to find an algorythm for or to program, but fixing the timer should be fairly simple.

Suggest to continue the discussion on this point in the more specific tread:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16684

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Thanks for digging this one up. I understand it's unacceptable that it's been two years and hasn't been addressed. Slowly, I'm working to clear up those communication issues.

I'll discuss this one directly with my colleague in our next meeting. I wasn't aware of the fact that looping time doesn't count as practice time.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com