Improvisation

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Flashdharma

Improvisation

Post by Flashdharma » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:33 am

I am a jazz/blues guitarist and have started studying keyboard for a variety of reasons - mostly to improve my grasp of theory. I have no interest in playing music from printed scores, except as a learning tool (I often refer to 'Fake Books', but never to full, scored arrangements). My interest is in improvisation. As a result, as soon as I gained a small sense of fingering, chords, and simple scales from my study here, I began to work on putting together simple 'C' blues excercises and trying to apply the material here to improvising. There must be other students here who mirror my keyboard interests. Unfortunately, as far as I can see, there is no instruction on the site that directly targets improvisational skills.

It would be nice if you made a forum area for those of us interested in learning to improvise. If we could upload 'PDF' files and links to 'YouTube' (or even upload playable files generated from 'Sibelius', 'GuitarPro', etc.), it would allow fledgling players like me to share ideas and questions. The instructors could monitor what is going on in the forum and offer suggestions, corrections, and even some simple instruction. A forum like that would extend the scope of the site into the study of improv without the necessity of you writing an entirely new set of lessons and utilites.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Improvisation

Post by davidsides » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:25 am