Visual of where key played appears on staff

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
icedog19

Visual of where key played appears on staff

Post by icedog19 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi,

I recently started using your program and love it!

One feature that I would find useful is when in a lesson but not actively playing the lesson, I would like to be able to hit the keys on my piano and see them appear on the staff of the practice screen. I feel like this would help when seeing the new lesson/notes for the first time and orienting myself with the notes I will be playing.

Also, I wanted to reiterate a couple of features that I read others suggest that I think would be awesome:

1. When practicing a lesson with the loop feature, I wish it counted towards practice time and attempts (if looping the entire lesson). I've looped some lessons for like 20 times but they never count which is a bummer because I can't track how I progressed using the loop function.

2. Many people suggest more key shortcuts and I would love that too. Ideally shortcuts for higher and lower bpm and a key for start lesson.

Thanks!

sw1tch73ch

Re: Visual of where key played appears on staff

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Excellent ideas! I'm gonna second the "Staff Display" of played notes idea. I'd add to that recognizing the chords played, so that you see the notes on the staff and if it is a valid chord, the name of that chord.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Visual of where key played appears on staff

Post by davidsides » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:19 pm

icedog19 wrote:Hi,

I recently started using your program and love it!

One feature that I would find useful is when in a lesson but not actively playing the lesson, I would like to be able to hit the keys on my piano and see them appear on the staff of the practice screen. I feel like this would help when seeing the new lesson/notes for the first time and orienting myself with the notes I will be playing.

Also, I wanted to reiterate a couple of features that I read others suggest that I think would be awesome:

1. When practicing a lesson with the loop feature, I wish it counted towards practice time and attempts (if looping the entire lesson). I've looped some lessons for like 20 times but they never count which is a bummer because I can't track how I progressed using the loop function.

2. Many people suggest more key shortcuts and I would love that too. Ideally shortcuts for higher and lower bpm and a key for start lesson.

Thanks!
Great request! I'll forward this to our tech team.