Option to not advanced to the next note till correct note is played

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
fudge1979

Option to not advanced to the next note till correct note is played

Post by fudge1979 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:37 pm

I have been practicing a lot without having the time running because I am trying to figure out the notes and the fingering but the practice runs too fast (I have used the slower speeds) or too slow in other parts. I also end up stopping and restarting a lot. It would be nice to have an option to have the music run as you play the notes and to not proceed to the next note until the correct note is played. For a song, I have part of it down great where I can play at the regular speed but there is a part of the song that I am still trying to get down while playing it in the whole song.

Froschka007

Re: Option to not advanced to the next note till correct note is played

Post by Froschka007 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:33 am

I can see where you are heading, but from my musical understanding, this really would go in the wrong direction. Most people learn melody and score sheet centered, and the rhythmical foundation/formation is in the background. If you can't play it in half speed, then it is too difficult. I would rather break it down even more. Or go back to training both hands separately. But sometimes there are bugs where it s nearly impossible to play something correctly. I hope you don't mind my two cents (or so you say? I am Swiss and my English is far from perfect...)
Christoph

Mac OS X 10.11.6 on playground 2.4.335.

ztbishop

Re: Option to not advanced to the next note till correct note is played

Post by ztbishop » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:15 am

I would also like to see this feature. Although I wouldn't want to rely on it all the time, it would be very useful in the beginning when learning a complex song. Especially when self teaching.