looping part options (sa far annoying)

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Facing

Re: looping part options (sa far annoying)

Post by Facing » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:47 am

I would use the loop feature more often if it "snapped to the measure". As it stands now I sometimes have to try halff a dozen times to select the measures I'm aiming for. This sucks up practice time I don't have to waste. With a loop of partial measures the count in is more irritating than useful which is why I will not use a loop like that.

thowa

Post by thowa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:48 am

Facing wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:47 am
I would use the loop feature more often if it "snapped to the measure". As it stands now I sometimes have to try halff a dozen times to select the measures I'm aiming for. This sucks up practice time I don't have to waste. With a loop of partial measures the count in is more irritating than useful which is why I will not use a loop like that.
Dear Facing:
Suggest to please make this a new thread to avoid confusing topics.

thowa

Post by thowa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:52 am

andrewwegierski wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:30 pm
I'm unsure what the status of this update is. It might be a trickier task than we once imagined for the developer team.

Just to clarify - the count in doesn't repeat with every loop. It only counts you in at the beginning of a loop. I don't see how a loop is any different than playing a full section, except for length. No matter what users are playing, we believe the count in is a good feature in order to allow players to get ready and set with the hand position and get acquainted with the tempo.

Best,
Andrew

You are right, there is no count-in and only "set-go" in looping (my mistake).
What I meant to request is an easy to reach toggle where the program will skip the counting and only say "set-go" even when not looping.

You already mentioned that you will raise and prioritise this request elsewhere; so, no need to reply here again unless there is news regarding the feature.