Wait Function

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
ztbishop

Wait Function

Post by ztbishop » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:52 am

Would it be possible to program a 'Wait' function? I've seen this in one other service, although I prefer the layout of Playground Sessions.
Essentially, this will allow the scroll marker to go through the music as the player presses the correct keys, rather than at a set tempo. It may not be for everyone, but I really think it's helpful when going through a song the first few times.

thomas1018
Site Admin

Re: Wait Function

Post by thomas1018 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Yes, this is something we have discussed internally.

On Memorial Day, our head of technology tragically passed away trying to save a young girl from drowning in a river in Utah. We are working to hire a new developer to fill in for him. It is an important role so it's going to take some time to find the right replacement. Our expectation is it's also going to take the new developer (or team of developers) to get familiar enough with the entire program before we start to push new builds to fix bugs and add new features.

Moreless

Post by Moreless » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:10 am

Yes, a feature like this would be amazing!! The previous piano learning software I used implemented this feature and I was able to learn songs 30% - 50% faster.

I would start a new lesson and work on hitting the correct notes slowly with no tempo. Once I knew the notes and patterns, I could add tempo.

Currently if a section of a song is 5 bars or more I have to:
1. Lift my hands off the keyboard to scroll down manually to read more music
or
2. Make the notes so small I can no longer read them on my laptop screen

This feature would really help this software because it would:
1. Allow the user to practice the piece with no tempo
2. Allow the user to keep their hands on the keyboard during practice because software will know when to "scroll down" the music sheet
3. Assists the initial grind of learning a new song

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:07 am

Yup!

If I could play with an "At My Own Pace" that would progress the music as I played the correct notes, so I could do it without having to manually advance the page, it would simplify the practice. Also, I wouldn't have to start at the ridiculously slow tempos I use to begin (often half of the "slow" tempo).
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --