Session points for playing small chunks

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
sambrit10

Session points for playing small chunks

Post by sambrit10 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:55 pm

I've been reading a lot about "deep practice" for learning to play an instrument and it highly recommends learning a new piece in very short pieces, a measure or two at a time. I have been using this advice in Playground by marking out small chunks of each piece of music, especially ones I'm having trouble with, and putting them on a loop to practice them. When I have one piece down I'll mark out another.

It's working well but it's disappointing that I get NO practice credit for this. I only get credit when I play an entire section. I feel like I shouldn't care so much about whether I'm getting session points as long as the practice is going well, but I do find session points motivational, and I think the way you have it set up discourages the best practice methods of practicing a few measures at a time.

Piano Marvel has an option where you can split a piece up into very small sections, then slightly larger, then slightly larger, until you're playing the whole verse or chorus. I chose Playground instead because your music selection is much better and I like some other features of your platform -- including getting session points -- but I really liked that feature of Piano Marvel. Would it be possible to get session points for playing subsections and for playing sections on a loop?