ABRSM Integration

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Paulopedia

ABRSM Integration

Post by Paulopedia » Thu May 31, 2018 7:09 am

I'd like to see the ability to practice the skills necessary to pass successive grades of the ABRSM (The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) exams. Or some other highly reputatable graded system of piano skill testing. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, Google "ABRSM Grade 1 Syllabus." You can download the syllabus as a pdf and see what it required to pass the Grade 1 examination.

andrewwegierski

Re: ABRSM Integration

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu May 31, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi there,

That's a great idea, and I'm definitely going to run it by the PG music team in our next meeting. We're always looking to expand the app and add features, so this helps us.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

Paulopedia

Post by Paulopedia » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:26 am

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the page for the ABRSM https://us.abrsm.org/en/our-exams/piano

Here is the page with the Grade 1 Syllabus https://us.abrsm.org/en/our-exams/piano/piano-grade-1/

This is a British program. I'm not aware of an American equivalent. However, Canada does have the Royal Conservatory Examinations https://www.rcmusic.com/examinations

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:02 am

Thanks for the links. I'll be sure to share.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

StuLast

Post by StuLast » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:36 pm

I'd definitely support this. I think it would be really useful for those of us who want to take a more structured approach to learning. The playground app could support this really well, and would add a new element of fun not normally encountered with the informative, yet somewhat dry, textbooks.

I also think that Playground and ABRSM collaborating on the ABRSM syllabus will be a real boost to Playgrounds already "cream-of-the-crop" reputation.
Stu Last
Aspiring Musician and Social Media Botherer

"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong (or until you get more beta testing in your email)" :D

Vivek

Post by Vivek » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:40 am

I would also support this. Having ABRSM pieces at all grades is a great idea. Has this been considered further?

mariyastepanenko

Post by mariyastepanenko » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:24 pm

We haven't yet made a decision on this, but we will definitely keep it in mind for further additions.

antikewl

Post by antikewl » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 am

Just chipping in to state that I'd love to see this too! :)