Time Points

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Paulopedia

Time Points

Post by Paulopedia » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:18 am

Time points should, IMHO, accrue whether you finish a given section of a lesson or not. You still put in however much time before you crashed, burned, and started over.

mariyastepanenko

Re: Time Points

Post by mariyastepanenko » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:45 am

Very good point! We are thinking of adjusting how the total time spent is being calculated in our future updates, but at the moment it registers only the completed segments.

thowa

Post by thowa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:55 am

Adding to this post:
I note that the program (at least the Windows desktop version) does not at all record practice time (neither points nor time itself) when in loop or in "practice a highlited section" mode.
That is really frustrating; we may sit there and practice for hours and the program would simply not recognize that.

I suggest the program should record any usage time, no matter whether online, offline, looping or just practicing a highlighted section. The time should simply keep running until there is more than e.g. 30 seconds of zero user input and then stop, discounting the last 30 seconds and continue running with the next key strike. I personally don't care too much about time POINTS being added in all cases, if that is difficult to find an algorythm for or to program, but fixing the timer should be fairly simple.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Got it. I saw your last post too. Like Mariya said, revamping the way we track time is something on our plate right now, for sure. Not sure about the timetable though. Just be assured that we're not ignoring that aspect of the app - it should be fixed!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com