Wait Mode for Practicing

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Donka61

Wait Mode for Practicing

Post by Donka61 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:31 pm

I switched to Playground sessions after trying out other learning software. What I liked about Playground Sessions was the looping function, but what really sold me was the ability to switch from numbers, to notes,to no notation. What I don’t like, however, is that there is no way one can go through the music one note at a time at there own pace and receive feedback on whether the correct keys are being hit. Other programs I have used have this feature. The program waits for the user before moving on.

Although such a feature would take the rhythm aspect out of learning a piece, I believe it is an essential tool for someone beginning to learn a song. A warning message could be put in that this could lead to bad habits. But I really see it as something akin to having the choice of numbers, letters for the notes, or no notation. Numbers are a good place to start, but one does not want to rely on them solely. Eventually one has to advance to letter or no notation (look at the notes!). The same would be true with a wait mode. The next step would be practice using a slower temp, then play the song at its normal tempo.

andrewwegierski

Re: Wait Mode for Practicing

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. Yes, we've tossed around the idea of "Wait Mode" a lot. To be honest, I'm not sure if or when it will be implemented. But I can tell you that we like the idea. It's just the programming side of things.

I do agree that it leads to bad habits, but it is a nice way to get acquainted with the different parts of a song. We are definitely considering it!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com