Auto Tempo for practice

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
NDColmore

Auto Tempo for practice

Post by NDColmore » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 am

Would it be possible to get a practice mode going on the loop function that takes the percentage of notes you got correct in the passage and either automatically raises/lowers the tempo while you keep practicing? This would be kind of like a progressive difficulty mode so people could start out slow on a tricky passage and not need to manually change the tempo. I don't know what your back end looks like but it should be fairly easy to implement assuming you've written your code modularly. It seems you guys already have the functionality minus the tempo change algorithm but that could be just a percentage scaler based correct or incorrect notes followed by a rounding operation. Would take a little playing with but I think it would be very useful.

andrewwegierski

Re: Auto Tempo for practice

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:06 pm

I think that would be very useful too. I'm not on the programming team so I don't know how easy or difficult this would be, but I can let them know about it.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

NDColmore

Post by NDColmore » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:48 pm

What is your backend written in? I assume you have a script or function for the tempo change or maybe the tempo is just stored as some variable. When you loop back to the part where it says "set go" before repeating the section again, I'd assume you could just call the tempo script there and update the GUI prior to the launch. Of course this is grossly oversimplified but seems achievable. Anyways, hope you all can get it worked out. Thanks for the response.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:04 am

I'd advise you to contact Ben about that information. Ben@playgroundsessions.com. He would know more about this than me!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com