indicate tempo on segment progress graph

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
clif9710

indicate tempo on segment progress graph

Post by clif9710 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:58 pm

The segment progress graph takes no account of the tempo at which the piece is played.

As a result, when I increase the tempo as I get better, the progress graph shows the expected drop in performance accuracy as I am challenged with the higher speed.

By showing the tempo, or even better, the percentage of full speed at which the piece is played, an additional aspect of improvement would be noted.

As it is, it's possible to play very slowly, but accurately, and the performance graph will falsely indicate the piece is mastered, not showing the vital factor of tempo at which it was played.

sw1tch73ch

Re: indicate tempo on segment progress graph

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:40 am

I do agree. I haven't come up with a way to track progress - i.e., reaching 100% at slower tempos and getting credit, but not "full" credit. The progress chart only shows how accurately you hit the notes, and not how well they met the tempo. It needs some sort of combination, perhaps two lines on the graph, and when both bars reach 100%, there you go!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --