PerCent recorded for Exercises in Lessons

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
rjwilner

PerCent recorded for Exercises in Lessons

Post by rjwilner » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Frequently, when I start a new exercise within a (Bootcamp) Lesson, I'll start practice at the 'Slow' tempo. And once I've achieved 100% for the piece at that Tempo, I move up to the Normal tempo version. Almost always it will take at least a few attempts (because it always takes a few....sometimes a *LOT*) before I'm able to achieve 100% at Normal tempo. Which means the 100% achieved at Slow tempo remains the PerCent achieved of record. I could attempt the Normal tempo 50X, and if I never achieve anything better than..say, a 92%, the displayed value of record remains the 100% achieved at Slow tempo.

I would like to see a variation on the % value achieved that is displayed. I'd like to have the highest % achieved for the fastest tempo played be the score displayed. The slower tempo scores are good to know when still practicing at that tempo, but don't mean a whole lot to me once I start practicing at higher tempos.

It's actually left me a bit confused a couple times when I end a practice session working at 'Normal tempo w/o hitting 100% and don't come back to that exercise for a couple days. Once or twice I"ve forgotten at which tempo I achieved the 100% score.

Thanks!

andrewwegierski

Re: PerCent recorded for Exercises in Lessons

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:14 pm

I understand, and that is a good suggestion. I will be forwarding it!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Re: PerCent recorded for Exercises in Lessons

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:49 pm

I concur with this idea. I think getting recognition for 100% at slow tempo is nice, but it should not be the "recorded" score for the lesson in general. Have a color code or something that indicates what the 100% represents: something like (and I'm just suggesting) blue for 100% at any speed, yellow for 100% at and speed at or above the provided "slow" or "medium" whichever that slower speed with accompaniment is called, and green for 100% at Full Tempo. Or something along those lines. Some way to know roughly how well you've done, and the higher color trumps the lower colors at the zoomed out overview level.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --