Print out of Note Names - not finger numbers

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
davawt

Print out of Note Names - not finger numbers

Post by davawt » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:23 am

Hi there
Has anyone else tried to print note names and got a print of just finger numbers?
I have and have been asked to do this as a - Feature Request - so the more you reply to this I think they maybe well put it in another update.
By the way it is still the same in version 2
I like reading the note names (seems more like music to me), how about you or do you prefer to read music by finger numbers?
Thanks for your time, bye
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

Russ1409

Re: Print out of Note Names - not finger numbers

Post by Russ1409 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:38 pm

I also cannot get note names, just as an FYI.

Myself, I prefer the fingering, at my level. Once I master the fingering I try to use only the notes, no note names or fingerings. It gets a LOT harder like that.

Russ

davawt

Re: Print out of Note Names - not finger numbers

Post by davawt » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:16 am

Hi Russ
I started to learn music many years ago from a teacher who used to use note names to help with learning, but the right way really is just the notes (real music). Now after a very long lapse and no keyboard/piano ( the rock and roll years was when I started I am 67 now and trying again ) trying to learn all over again. I think this music course has a lot of very good stuff and is certainly the best around for helping me get back to grips with music.
My big problem is two hands as I have no co-ordination really tough as I am just reaching the start of the two handed stuff of this course. Good luck with the course Russ, keep at it, practice does work. I think the best thing in the world is to play music, gives me a real buzz when I get it right!
bye,
Dave
Dave,
Merseyside, UK

ComikosBob

Print out of Note Names not finger numbers

Post by ComikosBob » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:23 pm

I can toggle between note names and fret numbers. This doesn't help me learn which notes correspond to which fret numbers. Can I please have an option to display them both simultaneously?

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Print out of Note Names not finger numbers

Post by davidsides » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:30 am

ComikosBob wrote:I can toggle between note names and fret numbers. This doesn't help me learn which notes correspond to which fret numbers. Can I please have an option to display them both simultaneously?
That's a great idea. We'll look into providing the option of displaying both at the same time in a future update.