Song Store - Mentioning the scale + excercises.

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
Filip

Song Store - Mentioning the scale + excercises.

Post by Filip » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:55 am

Hi

To become a great pianist you have to know all the scales, all the chords and so on, but at this point i'd like to become better pianist in a certain scale. I want to play the scale as comfortable as possible, I want to master all his chords and maybe create my own songs in the scale.

If I don't master a the scale, I won't be able to improvise properly or become better as a songwriter. That's why I want to practice songs that where made in the scale I want to focus on. For me it would be nice to search for a song by scale, so could it be an option to mention them :D ?

Later on I'll learn another scale and all his chords. What do you think ;) ?

Greets

Filip

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Song Store - Mentioning the scale + excercises.

Post by davidsides » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:26 pm

Filip,

That's a great idea! We'll see if we can add a "Scale" filter into our store.

draco2023a

Post by draco2023a » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:37 am

On that note, it would be great if we had some lessons on building chords.
David did a good job presenting the formulas for major and natural minor scales...it would be awesome if he took it further and discussed chord formulas.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:46 am

Noted. We're going to be expanding the Intermediate Tour soon and will keep this in mind.

draco2023a

Post by draco2023a » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Cool beans.
I have been playing the piano for years, but gave up when Young Onset Parkinson's got the best of my hands, but new meds and med management has greatly improved my coordination so I am using playground to regain what I lost...It is working out brilliantly.

The great thing about it is not only am I regaining my playing skills, I am also learning things I hadn't before. (Rookie lesson 42, Scales to play by ear was brilliant)
I have tried some of the other programs available including piano marvel and musiah, and this IMO is by far the best. The video lessons are excellent (Well Done!) and even the sound is far superior to anything else that is out there.

So far using Playground has been a very enjoyable experience, so it is good to hear that the content is being expanded

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Wed May 04, 2016 11:21 am

Thanks for sharing this. It really means a lot to us!

We look forward to continuing to provide an enjoyable experience for you. We have lots more to come! :)