Toggle count in off when in loop mode

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
draco2023a

Toggle count in off when in loop mode

Post by draco2023a » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Sometimes the count in can be a distraction when in loop mode

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Toggle count in off when in loop mode

Post by davidsides » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:39 am

Got it. I'll forward this to the team.

thowa

Post by thowa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:56 am

This is an old post and I notice that the count is shorter in looping mode than in normal mode (only set-go instead of 1-2-3-4-1-2-set-go). This may already have been an improvement added in the past.
But I would appreciate a possibility to toggle counting also in normal mode and to switch it off altogether (full count 1-2-3-4-1-2-set-go, short count set-go, no count at all).

Thomas

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:34 pm

I see the new features threads have been getting a lot of "I second (third... counting upward)" posts, and this is mine on this particular feature request, which there are many in the list just for the looping feature so that it was tough to chose one.

Thowa has a good point. I think one of the benefits of programs that are flexible as this requests asks is that people have different styles and needs.

So perhaps I'm fine with the "1 2 set go" approach because my hands find the "home position" quickly enough. Sometimes you want the whole count so you can look down, put your hands back where they belong (and I use this example because most of the time I use Looping is because I need practice when hand position changes). Some folks just need a quick loop back and go; perhaps they're trying to get a piece to flow and the interruption of the count throws that off.

So, yeah. I second this one.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Man, this one is a popular suggestion. I'm prioritizing this one later this week to discuss.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

thowa

Post by thowa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 am

Thanks for confirming to look into this; will add your remark to my comments in the other threads on this feature.

tocopiano

Post by tocopiano » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:10 pm

I love the app, but one of the most frustrating parts is the ridiculously long count-in, especially when multiple measures in the beginning are already rests!

Please please please add a way to customize the count in.

thanks!