Add daily scales practice

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
aaronv

Add daily scales practice

Post by aaronv » Sat May 14, 2016 11:16 am

Put in scales practices. It can then show you what your fastest perfect score is.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Add daily scales practice

Post by davidsides » Tue May 24, 2016 11:23 am

We're working on this kind of exercise as we speak! :)

nelipot

Post by nelipot » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Yes please to this from me also!
What Ilove about Playground Sessions ( as opposed to a couple of other online lessons I have tried) is the feeback on accuracy.
I only know the major scales. Would love to have a set to of all scles (and arpeggios) to practice against and check my progress.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:06 am

I think a point here is that the boot camp lessons are great lessons. They do offer good practice, but we need some nice pure practice modes. Scales, Hanon Finger Exercises, and other keyboard fingering and familiarization exercises are needed. Especially if we get credit for the time spent working on them, and scores on how well we're progressing with them! :D
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

simbion

Post by simbion » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:54 am

Yes I agree scales should definately be on here, I am a novice and prior to playfround I practices some scales from youtube videos, without that previous practice I think I may have struggled to persist with this platform. I also thing it is important to practice scales for fingering consistancy and accuracy for changing positions. Another reason scales practice may be a good idea is that once memorised it gives the pupil time to relax by taking there eyes of the screen , just consentrating playing the scale, which in turn relaxes the posture a little during practice sessions.
Hopefully some of this issues are rectified soon as this doesnt seem to be the most complete way to learn piano ...or does someone have a suggestion on where to find comprehensive scales practice? "little dissappointed""

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Agreed.

We're going to be pushing our Scales content very soon, and will soon be incorporating Hanon exercises, arpeggios, and other technical drills and exercises.

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:46 pm

I can't wait for this to be pushed out. I'm much more successful practicing with PGS than anything else.

nwnewell

Post by nwnewell » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:56 am

I'm looking forward to seeing this happen. Any news on release?

Russ1409

Post by Russ1409 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:23 am

I read somewhere, Facebook user's group probably, that this was going to be added last week. Did I miss an update, or did it not happen?

thomas1018
Site Admin

Post by thomas1018 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Hey everyone!

Last week we added a C major scale lesson into the Rookie Bootcamp. We have a full-blown scales course, with every key, coming soon! All lessons in that course will mimic the format of the C major scale lesson.