Full Accompaniment

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
bmy12b

Full Accompaniment

Post by bmy12b » Fri May 20, 2016 11:54 pm

While I appreciate the ability to learn both the piano and melody of certain songs together, I would also like to have ability to learn the actual accompaniment parts of some of these songs. Being primarily a vocalist I am partially learning to play the piano so I may accompany myself, I don't want to be playing the sung melody in my right hand, I want to be singing it. If you buy most any sheet music anywhere else, you will normally get both hand piano parts, and the vocal melody on top of that, that is what I want here.

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Full Accompaniment

Post by davidsides » Tue May 24, 2016 11:00 am

Thanks for chiming in about this.

The team and I have talked about adding "singing versions" of songs into our store, allowing the user to play the harmonies of a song rather than the melody and harmonies. I'm not sure how soon we'll begin to add these kinds of arrangements but they're definitely on our radar.

Jeffq

Post by Jeffq » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:40 am

I love this idea. I'd like to know what to do with my right hand is I'm actually singing the melody. I think you would find that it would be a popular version of the song. This is such a great program. Thanks

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:10 pm

We're glad you like it! :)

And in a nutshell, what you'll notice is that the right hand will primarily play chords while the left hand will play the bassline. It's actually fairly simple to do once you get the hang of it.

julianL

Post by julianL » Fri May 26, 2017 6:25 pm

I love this idea too. I would like to know how the piano accompany in differents styles like blues, jazz, bossa nova, 50s rock, hip hop, etc. maybe to play in a band to accompany a singer or to have ideas to compose a song.

jgbfree

Post by jgbfree » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Any updates on singer versions / full accompaniment versions of songs?

I just bought the lifetime membership a few months ago and am starting the intermediate lessons. I like all the chords and theories, and would really love practice with the chords on the right hand and the ability to accompany myself singing or other people singing the song.

All the song arrangements that you can buy/download today from Playground sessions song library are all meant for piano instrumental performances. If you can add singer versions you’d capture a huge audience of people like myself who want to learn how to play piano so we can accompany ourselves singing and be the next John Legend, Chris Martin or Billy Joel!

Let me know if there are any ETAs for a “singer version” of a song. If there are any legal issues printing the words in the music just leave them out and Indicate intro/verse/bridge etc.

I’m learning a lot and love how much better I am at reading notes on the bass clef thanks to this program.

Keep up the great work!
Justin B

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:27 am

Justin,

Thanks for your inquiry - I would recommend to submit an email to support@playgroundsessions.com and I will forward it to Dave there.

Best,
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:43 pm

David Sides and Phil Anderson recently had a video together where they answered some questions. That was one and the answer was it is on the list of things to do - Singer accompanist versions or courses. I don't think there was a timeline for it though.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

zvonko.k.d

Post by zvonko.k.d » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:51 am

I am disappointed that a full-fledged accompaniment is missing. I want to learn to play and write beautiful accompaniment in different genres. I want to learn to play the keys as keyboard players do. 99 percent of the time real keyboardists and pianists do not play vocal melody.
I hope you want to be better. And justify yourself in the statement that you are already the best (today it is not)
I hope that you will help people be better real musicians than they already are.
I hope that your service for which I paid my money will help me personally. and I will not have to suffer in search of the necessary information and exercises outside of your service.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 pm

zvonko.k.d wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:51 am
I am disappointed that a full-fledged accompaniment is missing. I want to learn to play and write beautiful accompaniment in different genres. I want to learn to play the keys as keyboard players do. 99 percent of the time real keyboardists and pianists do not play vocal melody.
I hope you want to be better. And justify yourself in the statement that you are already the best (today it is not)
I hope that you will help people be better real musicians than they already are.
I hope that your service for which I paid my money will help me personally. and I will not have to suffer in search of the necessary information and exercises outside of your service.
The lessons on how to play and read sheet music are valid whether you play Solo Piano or as an accompanist. Primarily the software is about learning to read sheet music and play piano. That is the core functionality they are promoting in their ads. Playground Sessions is quoting other sources when they say they are the best. If you check reviews of piano learning software, you'll find Playground Sessions usually comes out as Editor's Choice and Top Pick. That isn't to say it can't get better or that the competition isn't getting better all the time. Many in the competition do have some parts that are better. It is the overall value and competency that Playground is being recognized for as best. Which software do you think is the best today? Sometimes the choice is personal because what the Playground Sessions software does better isn't what you are looking for.

Playground Sessions is working hard to improve the base software and will probably release a major update later this year. Also, the instructors do take our suggestions seriously for new courses and "Playing Accompaniment" is one of those suggestions they are working on. If you make constructive suggestions they can take action on, they will take you serious.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --