Fingering vs Notes

Let us know which features you'd like to see added to Playground Sessions.
wighnoheat@live.com

Fingering vs Notes

Post by wighnoheat@live.com » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:44 pm

know that the lessons are set up to trach us all to sight read the music, But I have to face the Music I am on intermedate level 34 lesson 23 and am still struggling with sight reading I know no matter how hard i try I will never b e able to pick up a sheet that I have never heard and play it right. I have gotten this far in the lessons by memorising the music & then playing it back aling with the program. So my request is for the sake of the dummies like me PLEASE make it so WE can see both the fingering and the note letters at the same time please please please
Thank you

draco2023a

Re: Fingering vs Notes

Post by draco2023a » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Until Playground incorporates sight reading exercises, It will take a while to improve your sight reading using this alone. If you would like to be able to learn to sight read quickly, I suggest three things.

1. Build your note Identification using this web app
http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/no ... rybynyyyyy
Once you are confident you can identify every note on the staves.......

2. Get yourself presto keys ( You need the pro version to be able to use your midi keyboard. It is $30 bucks but well worth it)
Practice with it for thirty minutes a day, starting at the beginner level and work your way up.
http://www.prestokeys.com/

3 Download and print out one piece of sheet music a day, print it out and go bar by bar identifying each note.

Sight-reading is not at all complicated, if you follow the steps above, chances are you will be reading musical phrases as quickly as you are reading this post withing a few months

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:23 am

Hi,

We're actually in the process of creating some sight reading exercises now, which will be added to the Bootcamp. I'm not sure how soon they'll be added, but they're coming soon.

roncain

Post by roncain » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:29 am

I've found sightreadingfactory.com extremely helpful for sight reading practice.