iPad updates needed

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
Ymarianne

iPad updates needed

Post by Ymarianne » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:12 am

I’ve been reading this forum going back 2 years regarding critical actions missing in your iPad software and it seems there’s been no progress. Can you give us a date when we’ll be able to track lessons completed and listen to demos? I can’t tell where I’ve left off when I return to a song among other issues. Thanks much.

bakker92

Re: iPad updates needed

Post by bakker92 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 am

Why is it that Playground Sessions does give so little priority to update the iPad software? Why don't we get proper answers to the question from Ymarrianna on 9th March 2019 ?

If Playground Sessions misses the technical know how to incorporate the feature to play measures in a loop, then I would like to propose to contact the company https://www.soundslice.com/licensing/. They can provide software which can be embedded in Playground Sessions website.

Missing the feature to play measures in a loop on the iPad becomes for me an unacceptable irritating issue and I expect a honest answer from Playground Sessions with answers on the questions" What is the problem ?", "Why does it take so long ?" , "Will it ever happen ?" and if so, "When will it happen?

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:43 pm

For those answers, I would email Thomas at thomas@playgroundsessions.com, Ed. I don't have those answers for you but he might.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

crowninvesting

Post by crowninvesting » Thu May 02, 2019 1:26 am

Hi, I have been a lifetime member now for a few months and I really like the products. However, the IPAD application is missing a lot of capabilities some of which should be rectified. Below I comprised a list of some that I think should be considered. I get the need for much development and testing prior to releasing any SW updates; however, there should be something communicated to your customer base about new and upcoming roadmap items for the IPAD and other tablet platforms.

Thanks for your time.

Critical:
1. Ability to select sections to practice rather than have to play the whole section (just like on the PC). This would make learning far more efficient.
2. Keep tabs of where the student left off, it is a terrible waste of time having to search through all the lessons to get where you left off in your prior session.
3. Still having issues with the IPAD audio, sometimes the IPAD and the application struggle with audio (this is intermittent so it would be difficult to track, but it is annoying)
Nice to have:
1. Keep track of how many times a particular section is attempted and how much time is spent on individual songs and/or sections of a song
2. General stats, similar to the PC application
3. I personally would like to see how many attempts were made with a 100% rating (maybe even and average for attempts)
4. Have a button that brings you to the last attempted lesson
5. Allow the loop feature to play selected section of a lesson (related to Number 1 above in the critical items)

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu May 02, 2019 8:30 pm

crowninvesting wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:26 am
Critical:
1. Ability to select sections to practice rather than have to play the whole section (just like on the PC). This would make learning far more efficient.
Yeah, this is on their to do list. Hopefully we'll see it soon.
2. Keep tabs of where the student left off, it is a terrible waste of time having to search through all the lessons to get where you left off in your prior session.
Great idea! I wouldn't be surprised if it has been requested. I have no idea if it is on their to do list, though. On the PC at least, the most recent lesson you've worked on is "queued" at the bottom of the screen when you start the app. You only need to click it to go there. If that isn't in the iPad, it should be.
3. Still having issues with the IPAD audio, sometimes the IPAD and the application struggle with audio (this is intermittent so it would be difficult to track, but it is annoying)
This might be an Apple thing. I notice that when you get an iOS update, sometimes they reset things. Always make sure your audio is set to 44.1kHz, that's the one that bit me after an update - my audio was suddenly set to 48kHz default and Playground Sessions isn't set up to interpolate sample rates. If you can track it down to something specific in Playground Sessions and can replicate it, they could use that information at support@playgroundsessions.com
Nice to have:
1. Keep track of how many times a particular section is attempted and how much time is spent on individual songs and/or sections of a song
2. General stats, similar to the PC application
3. I personally would like to see how many attempts were made with a 100% rating (maybe even and average for attempts)
4. Have a button that brings you to the last attempted lesson
5. Allow the loop feature to play selected section of a lesson (related to Number 1 above in the critical items)
I will just lump these together - they have stated that the desired state is to bring the iOS version to parity with the desktop app. These are pretty much all in the desktop versions, so I would hope that means they'll have these all there, too. One thing I'd like to see is the reverse, bring Touch capability to the desktop (well, at least PC, since I don't think the Mac has touch screens like Windows Laptops and tablets do).
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

computerdoc

Post by computerdoc » Sun May 05, 2019 10:48 am

Response from tech support on these issues? Anyone listening? Status of an iOS update? What’s the problem with getting at least a substantive response other than “on our list”?

Bweznen

Post by Bweznen » Tue May 07, 2019 11:01 am

Posting this here since it applies to the iPad, and is what I am primarily using for Playground Sessions.
I have a Roland FP90 which is Bluetooth/Midi capable. Works great with Synthesia, Garage Band, and other supported Bluetooth apps.
As you probably know, the playground app doesn't support Bluetooth.

However there is a work around. First start up a program that supports Bluetooth like the ones I mentioned above, and then Playground will recognize the Bluetooth keyboard. In my case the FP90. I also read from another post that the program Midimittr also works well to enable Bluetooth for Playground.

I also agree with the suggested iPad updates, and would be nice if there was some feedback from Playground Sessions.

Jim

olivetree4

Post by olivetree4 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 am

For several months an update for the ipad application is requested, without any answer. It's a shame because the content of the teaching is quality!
But for me who only use the Ipad I will not renew my subscription if nothing moves. Just try for example the application Flowkey !!!!

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:28 pm

olivetree4 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 am
For several months an update for the ipad application is requested, without any answer. It's a shame because the content of the teaching is quality!
But for me who only use the Ipad I will not renew my subscription if nothing moves. Just try for example the application Flowkey !!!!
They've given the answer before that the update is in the works and will be delivered soon. But they do not have a timeline for that update. It isn't that the question is being ignored and there will be no updates, but rather that the massive rewrite of the desktop is taking all the resources available.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

pavel

Post by pavel » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:40 am

iPad OS 13
iPad Pro 10.5'
Roland FP-30
to my surprise Bluetooth works
IMG_0447.PNG
IMG_0447.PNG (47.46 KiB) Viewed 49560 times