Trying out the iPad version

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Trying out the iPad version

Post by davidsides » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:25 pm

jack58 wrote:I'm trying out Ipad Air 2. I added the app and bought a lightning connector to connect to a printer cable for a Casio PX760 with a USB B. A few differences, a laptop setup sees all 88 keys on my keyboard, With the Ipad you have to select your number of keys and the max is only 85! I'm on the 52nd lesson rookie tour. You can't do the looping to isolate a section to play. I do like the way the last 4 measures seem to jump up compared to the laptop version.
Thanks for pointing this out. These are things we'll be addressing in a future iPad update.

Arnie

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Any news yet on when videos will be added to ipad version as I pay full price for what I assumed were full features and I discovered this isn't the case. This is especially frustrating as my entire set up is based around my ipad and to use my pc would be a major inconvenience.

tadiorio

Post by tadiorio » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:38 pm

FWIW Arnie, I purchased a lifetime subscription. I trust the value will be there, eventually. Yamaha and Quincy Jones would not have their names associated with a product that will harm their brand image. That said, I have been patiently waiting for over 2 mos now for a refreshed version. I was doing well until I started to need missing features. It became intolerable. The program frustrated my efforts.I decided to put everything on hold.

I am hopeful. In a PS chat session today I was told that a refresh was submitted to Apple today for approval to be placed in the App Store.
I hope this is fact and that Apple is quick to review and release the update.

I am anxious to get started, again.

Arnie

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:31 am

Thanks Tadiorio, that is good news. I was doing quite well myself and then I realised there were missing features when I was showing my son something (on my ipad), who I had encouraged to use the programme on his PC, and he noticed all the videos were missing and that this was clearly resulting in holes in my learning. I had previously thought that upgrading to full version (from the ipad trial version) had provided me with all I need but my son spotted several other omissions (reduced flexibility with tempo, lack of scores etc.) which I hope will appear soon. Good to know they are likely on the way though as it's a great programme well worth sticking to. Thanks again

imsoul

Post by imsoul » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:27 am

Also having problems with my Tyros 5 not being recognized by the app. Using IOS 10.2.1 and same cable that I use between my PC and the Tyros 5 I purchased a USB 2.0 coupler and joined that cable to the USB/lightening connector that I charge my iPad with. Should work; right?

Second issue is that no sound comes out of the app when I strike the piano keys that are a part of the app. Those were working until I attempted some settings changes. After that they stopped. Tried deleting the app and then reinstalling it from the cloud with no luck. Am wondering if the sound issue is related to the no recognize issue.

Help!