Will this hack work for the connection?

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
tandeitnik

Will this hack work for the connection?

Post by tandeitnik » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:53 am

Hi,

Just installed the new app on my iPad and I'm a little sad to know that I have to buy an adapteur made by Apple, because they always charge a fortune for the most simple things (especially here in Brazil). So I was wondering... I have the charging cable that in one end is Lightening and in the other end is a normal USB. My digital piano have a USB (printer style) connectio which I use to connect to my laptop using a cable that in one end is USB and in the other end is the USB style for printers. MAYBE I could just unify both cables using this really cheap (less than 1 dollar) device:

Do you guys think it will work? It's better than to buy a 60$ adapteur from Apple :x

tadiorio

Re: Will this hack work for the connection?

Post by tadiorio » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:43 am

I already went down that path, It didn't work. I caved and got the Apple USB Camera Adapter. I was connecting to a YAMAHA P-115.

tandeitnik

Post by tandeitnik » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:31 am

Bad news to me, I just ordered by mail one... if it don't work I will have to spend money on the bloody adapteur.

Bill001

Post by Bill001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:50 pm

the "apple" camera adapter that you speak of is available at accessorygeeks dot com for about 7 bucks USD. I realize this question was asked some time back but I am sure someone reading this months later will find this helpful. :D