iPad app broken!

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
Katz

iPad app broken!

Post by Katz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:07 pm

After an update that just came down, version 1.0.145, every time I hit a note the sound goes out. I Cannot use the app until this is fixed!!

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: iPad app broken!

Post by davidsides » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:29 am

Hey,

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then redownloading it from the App Store? Also, what iPad model are you using? And what iOS are you running on it?

Katz

Post by Katz » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi,

I have an iPad Air 2 that is running 10.1.1. When I try to use the lessons, and press the play button, immediately when I press one of the keys on my dgx-660 keyboard to follow along, the sound goes out. Note, I have used other competing apps to rule out anything with the device and thee are no aimilar issues. I haven't been able to use the app consistently because of this is issue. I'm hoping that a fix will come out soon. I have uninstalled the app and it doesn't fix the issue as it works for a little while and comes back.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Katz wrote:Hi,

I have an iPad Air 2 that is running 10.1.1. When I try to use the lessons, and press the play button, immediately when I press one of the keys on my dgx-660 keyboard to follow along, the sound goes out. Note, I have used other competing apps to rule out anything with the device and thee are no aimilar issues. I haven't been able to use the app consistently because of this is issue. I'm hoping that a fix will come out soon. I have uninstalled the app and it doesn't fix the issue as it works for a little while and comes back.
Hi Katz,

I believe I got an email from you about this. Did you get my response?

KeithHarris

Post by KeithHarris » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Is there an update on the iPad app? I should point out that I can't actually check if the app is working properly because although I downloaded Yamaha's instructions, nothing has yet made the connection. I've tried several lightning-to-USB-B cables, the iPad doesn't recognize my P-115. Can someone provide a specific make and model of the intermediary device between the piano and the iPad Pro? That would be very much appreciated!

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:43 pm

KeithHarris wrote:Is there an update on the iPad app? I should point out that I can't actually check if the app is working properly because although I downloaded Yamaha's instructions, nothing has yet made the connection. I've tried several lightning-to-USB-B cables, the iPad doesn't recognize my P-115. Can someone provide a specific make and model of the intermediary device between the piano and the iPad Pro? That would be very much appreciated!
Hi Keith,

I have that exact keyboard and it works with Playground on my iPad mini.

So you're using a cable like this?
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB ... 59&sr=1-13

And an adapter like this?
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821 ... ra-adapter

Or this one if you're using an older iPad model?
http://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/MC ... ection-kit

tadiorio

Post by tadiorio » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Keith,
I also have a P-115 and the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter is necessary.
Tom

KeithHarris

Post by KeithHarris » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Thanks much David, I'm using the exact USB cable you tagged, but the adapter I tried is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W57CUAE/

That adapter looks similar to the one you indicated but must be different. Since your setup works, I'll order the Apple adapter you indicated instead. By the way, I'm using an iPad Pro, most recent model on the market to date.

Best,
Keith

KeithHarris

Apple connector for iPad

Post by KeithHarris » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks Tom, I ordered from Apple & adapter will be here tomorrow. Will be nice to make that connection!

Best,
Keith

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Apple connector for iPad

Post by davidsides » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:27 pm

KeithHarris wrote:Thanks Tom, I ordered from Apple & adapter will be here tomorrow. Will be nice to make that connection!

Best,
Keith
Perfect. Let us know if the new adapter fixes the problem.