iPad app broken!

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
davidsides
Site Admin

Re: iPad app broken!

Post by davidsides » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:16 pm

davidsides wrote:
Katz wrote:Hi,

I have an iPad Air 2 that is running 10.1.1. When I try to use the lessons, and press the play button, immediately when I press one of the keys on my dgx-660 keyboard to follow along, the sound goes out. Note, I have used other competing apps to rule out anything with the device and thee are no aimilar issues. I haven't been able to use the app consistently because of this is issue. I'm hoping that a fix will come out soon. I have uninstalled the app and it doesn't fix the issue as it works for a little while and comes back.
Hi Katz,

I believe I got an email from you about this. Did you get my response?
Hi Katz,

Yes, I believe I replied. Did you get my response?

KeithHarris

Post by KeithHarris » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Adapter arrived today. It works! I've just tried out the Yamaha controller app as well as Playground Sessions app. Both work marvelously. Thanks for the solution. (Apparently non-Apple look-alike connectors aren't actually compatible.)

Best,
Keith

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:58 pm

KeithHarris wrote:Adapter arrived today. It works! I've just tried out the Yamaha controller app as well as Playground Sessions app. Both work marvelously. Thanks for the solution. (Apparently non-Apple look-alike connectors aren't actually compatible.)

Best,
Keith
For a long time I couldn't find an official Apple "Lightning" Camera Adapter. The big 30 pin camera adapter for the older iPhone and iPad devices was available all over the place. I found and bought a third party adapter, but it required it's own power supply. It did work, but felt very like a kludge and was quite flaky getting it to work. I always wondered if I was holding my tongue in my cheek improperly when trying to use the thing - it seemed so random when it would and would not work.

Recently I saw Apple has the "Lightning" adapter with pass-through charging available, so I bought one. It works nicely. I was pleasantly surprised that my Yamaha YPG-635 even works with it since the USB-MIDI on the YPG is not "Class Compliant." I'll still be using my Windows computer with Playground Sessions, but it is good to know I have options.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --