iPad Bluetooth Adapter issue

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
DirkM

iPad Bluetooth Adapter issue

Post by DirkM » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:51 am

I am trying to use the Yamaha Bluetooth adapter UD-BT01 with my Yamaha P115. I was able to see and select the adapter in my iPad. However, the Playground Sessions app doesn't appear to recognise the connection. Pressing the keyboard keys has no effect on the app/iPad.

I've just about run out of ideas as to what I can try to fix the problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

ricklandjr

Re: iPad Bluetooth Adapter issue

Post by ricklandjr » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:19 pm

I just purchased a Yamaha DGX-660. I'm using the same Bluetooth adaptor and can't get it to work with my IPad 2. Maybe the next upgrade will have better connectivity. It does work using a USB adaptor to a midi cable, but I'm trying to keep the piano area free of clutter.

davidsides
Site Admin

Post by davidsides » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:21 pm

So even after locating the keyboard from the Bluetooh settings in the app, the app still doesn't recognize when you play its keys?

Przemek

Post by Przemek » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:19 pm

You need to:
- first connect the bluetooth midi device in Garage Band (or some other app that supports the bluetooth midi connectivity on iPad - Playground Sessions does not support it)
- then open the Playground Sessions app, it will recognise your bluetooth midi device automatically

You cannot connect the bluetooth midi device in the iPad Settings, you have to go through Garage Band (or a similiar app). Once you connect the bluetooth midi through a supported app, all other apps will recognise the bluetooth midi device as a "normal" midi device.