Ipad updates?

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
Arnie

Ipad updates?

Post by Arnie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Any news yet? I really could do with those videos ;)

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Ipad updates?

Post by seant23 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi Arnie,

We had planned to submit to Apple earlier today before we realized that an important video codec that we use wasn't supported on iPads... We had to spend the day reworking things, otherwise people would have been downloading 400mb videos... which would have been annoying.

We got a fix together today, but we need to internally test it. We are hopefully though that we can submit over the weekend and have Apple approve a Monday release!

Arnie

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:43 am

Cool! Thanks for that :)

Arnie

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:06 am

I'm a bit confused today because when I opened PS on my ipad today it looked like the videos were there but when I open them there's just lessons...that don't work properly. Also, I thought the new update was going to be landscape only - which would be great for me as I use a Focusrite itrack Dock and its a bit of a pain when it opens in portrait and won't reorientate unless I remove and replace the ipad (minor gripe but still a bit of a pain ;))

ricklandjr

Re: Ipad updates?

Post by ricklandjr » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:41 pm

I was happy to see the missing lessons added to the iPad app, even if you didn't resolve the video issues. I have a computer in another room set up to see the videos. Sadly when I logged on to my iPad this morning those lesson were gone. I guess I'll keep using my crappy midi keyboard at my computer for those video lessons, until they get the iPad version straightened out. Also, I would like to see the percentage of completion listed on the iPad app. It's very hard to tell where you're at when you don't know if you got 100 percent on your last lesson.

Arnie

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Yes, all very confusing on ipad at the moment and really itching for those videos! Admin: any news on this? Thanks