Music output crasches

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
tooltech

Music output crasches

Post by tooltech » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:02 am

I am running the iPad with a camera usb link cable and external Power supply connected to a novation keyboard. Midi works fin but when hitting keys harder and the amplitude goes up and suddenly crasches. The keys are still working but the sound is gone. You need to restart the application Before you can play again

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Music output crasches

Post by seant23 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:18 pm

You can try a couple things:

1. lower the piano volume in settings
2. lower the sample rate in settings

We have found that iPads don't really handle sample rates very well. We are working on adding in a limiter soon that will prevent the audio from crashing.

Miles

Post by Miles » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:44 pm

The audio crashes for me within just a second or two of opening the app. Nothing I do seems to work.

mmm

Post by mmm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:22 am

Hi,
This has just started happening to me too! Suddenly the iPad setup is completely failing for me :(
My iPad setup has worked fine for over a month. However today when I start working on a lesson, the system is fine for about 3 or 4 minutes, then I hear a static-type buzz, and the sound disappears completely.
The only way to get it back is to close down the app and start it up again, but then the problem repeats.
I already have the app set on the lowest sample rate, and I've tried reducing the volume but to no avail.
Help!?
Margaret

mmm

Post by mmm » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Following on from my message above, I decided temporarily to change my set up so I could use my MacAir instead of my iPad. This is logistically difficult for me to do in my study area, but possible. Result: more audio problems ;(
I have the software installed on the MacAir, and it recognises my keyboard. However when I try to play a Bootcamp exercise, I get no audio at all.
I've checked the Settings and it shows all the Volume settings set at zero. Thinking this was the solution, I've adjusted all the sliders up to half way. However when I close the Settings tab and try an exercise, I still get no audio - and when I go back to look at Settings again, the Volume sliders are all set to zero again. Note that the software is recognising when I hit keys on my keyboard, but I'm not hearing anything from the software (music, instructions, metronome etc are all silent)
Now I really am stuck, as I have to use either the iPad or MacAir if I am to use Playground Sessions, so any assistance would be very gratefully received at this point.

Qressor

Post by Qressor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:08 am

The audio crashes for me within just a second or two of opening the app. Nothing I do seems to work.
ติดต่อ sbobet