Update blues...

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
Arnie

Re: Update blues...

Post by Arnie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:18 pm

I use fairly good quality monitor speakers (via a Focusrite itrack Dock) so it must be the sample rate. I read somewhere that therey are going to add some kind of limiter in the next update so I'm guessing this is what was being referred to?

brobic23

Post by brobic23 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:37 pm

I came here to find answers to the issues I was having with the app and it looks as though I'm not alone in my frustrations. Sadly, the iPad version is riddled with bugs...notes marked incorrect although the notes are correct, videos playing again when the lesson is closed (you have to restart the app to get it to stop playing), sound issues, notes not being marked at all, lessons not being marked completed... I could go on. Yes, I know this is still in Beta, but PS should REALLY remove "This amazing piano learning app gives you everything you want from our desktop version" when that is simply not true...

newbie613

Post by newbie613 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:23 pm

I am am also encountering problems with the app on my ipad pro. Basically it's unusable. You can't scroll and the loop function desnt work. I don't see how you can possibly use a laptop perched on top on a keyboard. Using the ipad was so convenient! So I'm reluctantly ending my trial, disappointed. The app, and style of teaching has great potential. I will continue to check in with forums to see if they get it working!

Good luck with your learning!

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:38 pm

brobic23 wrote:I came here to find answers to the issues I was having with the app and it looks as though I'm not alone in my frustrations. Sadly, the iPad version is riddled with bugs...notes marked incorrect although the notes are correct, videos playing again when the lesson is closed (you have to restart the app to get it to stop playing), sound issues, notes not being marked at all, lessons not being marked completed... I could go on. Yes, I know this is still in Beta, but PS should REALLY remove "This amazing piano learning app gives you everything you want from our desktop version" when that is simply not true...
Notes being marked incorrect are a keyboard or connection issue. Sound issues can usually be fixed by adjusting the sample rate to 44100 under settings. The videos playing over top of each other and lessons not marked as completed are known issues and are in the queue to be fixed.
Our head of technology tragically passed away 1 year ago, so unfortunately that set us back in terms of updating the desktop and iPad app. However, recently, we just pushed our first update in over a year for the desktop app, so we are definitely heading in the right direction. Like you, I'm unsure when the iPad update will be available, but I want you to know we are working on it. We wouldn't have listed it in the app store if we didn't think it could still be a great experience - and with the proper set up, it can be.

Email me if you have other specific concerns. I would love to help fix some of those set up issues you're having.

Best,
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:41 pm

newbie613 wrote:I am am also encountering problems with the app on my ipad pro. Basically it's unusable. You can't scroll and the loop function desnt work. I don't see how you can possibly use a laptop perched on top on a keyboard. Using the ipad was so convenient! So I'm reluctantly ending my trial, disappointed. The app, and style of teaching has great potential. I will continue to check in with forums to see if they get it working!

Good luck with your learning!
Sorry to hear about that. However, it's not true that the app is entirely unusable without these functions. I understand your personal concern for that, though. Hope to see you back soon.

I set up my laptop on top of my keyboard and lean it against the wall. Not the safest set up, but it works. And I have a 17 inch laptop. It's possible! I also recommend maybe getting a small desk or surface to put behind your keyboard.

Best,
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com