Update blues...

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
Arnie

Update blues...

Post by Arnie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:14 pm

When I subscribed to PS it was on the understanding that I would pay full price for a full featured app, which simply wasn't the case. We waited patiently for an update but when it arrived it is riddled with bugs, which would be fine were there any sign of them being fixed. I have just been trying to use the programme and now find that I can't scroll down the scores when the lessons audio isn't playing which is really frustrating when simply trying to read the music without playing along. This, in addition to the bugs mentioned in other threads, is making the ipad version far less enjoyable, and even usable, that it could be. Any news on the new update? Thanks

seant23
Site Admin

Re: Update blues...

Post by seant23 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Arnie,

It's still in beta ;) We are working on another update soon. Last update was less than a month ago. We've been working on server side systems for a bit to clear up some nagging bugs like sections not being marked complete correctly and slow response times when calculating certain segments scores.

The desktop app is the only full featured client at this time. We are going to keep porting over features to the iPad throughout the year. iPad is a big priority but not the only priority. I Hope you understand.

I will try to get scrolling in the next version of Playground. We actually had to pull that out last second because it was causing some major lag in the notation display.

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:21 pm

No worries Sean, I understand. Thanks for the update ;) I just love this darn thing so much I get a little impatient sometimes :P

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:11 pm

I'm right with you, Arnie. And I'm not even an avid iPad user!

Of course, I do use Android, so I'm also really eager to see it "fully functional."

Regardless, the desktop version of Playground Sessions rocks hard. Or soft, depending on your playing style ;-)

Cheers!
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:32 pm

:D

Suzi

Post by Suzi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:15 pm

I just subscribed to PS yesterday (3/24) after testing it out on my iPad, with the intent of using it on the iPad. I was surprised when my iPad version hardly changed after buying the full version and still wasn't letting me use any of the icons in the toolbar. I have a PC and ended up downloading a version to it, but I really do NOT want to use my laptop at my keyboard. I can't have it sitting directly in front of me so I have to keep looking to the right. This hurts my neck. I WANT to use PS on my iPad which can be directly in front of me. Will the iPad become fully functional within 6 months? If not, I might want my money back.

Miles

Post by Miles » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm in a similar boat to ya'll.

My laptop stays at my desk most the time. My digital piano (Yamaha P115) is in the living room and there isn't a convenient place to nearby set my laptop. That's the appeal of the iPad: having it right in front of me.

The bug I've noticed is that when I plug in I'll hear audio from keyboard input for a few seconds (most of the time) before a crackle and pop, after which the audio cuts out completely making the app unreliable and unusable for me. I've tinkered with settings and checked my cables all without any luck.

I realize the iPad app is still in beta and that not everyone has an iPad. But I'm hungry for iPad updates and a polished product. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 pm

I wonder if the differences in versions of iPad might contribute.

The iPad I have available is an iPad Air 32 GB WiFi with the A7 processor. The new iPad tablets run the A9 processor.

On the other hand, I haven't used my iPad a lot. I've only worked through one lesson with the iPad Air, because the keyboard that works with the iPad does not have weighted keys. It worked fine when I did, but that was an update or two again. I'll have to dredge out the other keyboard to test more.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:25 am

I'm still having quite a few problems on the ipad but do appreciate its still beta. I use it on ipad for similar reasons stated above as just not convenient to use on pc. Having said that it's still fairly usable and I'm managing to work my way through the intermediate lessons - even if it isn't always recognised etc.! ;)

And, for the record I'm using a 9" ipad plus and am getting the crackling noises, especially if I play along with the left and right hands are 'on'...and I've tried all the different settings.

I'm happy to keep chipping away until fixed but must be really frustrating for those not finding it usable etc.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Try with headphones / earbuds. I'm curious if the trouble is the sound samples, or the tiny speakers of the iPad. It could be that the iPad doesn't like the sample rate of the music.

-- jbs --