Clavinova CVP609 and App

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
pmease

Clavinova CVP609 and App

Post by pmease » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:45 am

Hi All,

I have a Yamaha CVP609-GP connected to my ipad 4, connected via a Yamaha UX16 USB to midi adapter and then via a genuine apple USB to lightening adapter. But the app (latest version, just ran the update) will not recognize any keyboard input. Are there any specific setting on the midi interface on the piano I need to set?

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Paul

tadiorio

Re: Clavinova CVP609 and App

Post by tadiorio » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:09 pm

You may need to try the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:46 am

There should not be a need for the MIDI adapter. Your piano should have a female USB B plug for this purpose. See my post [url-https://forums.playgroundsessions.com/v ... 540#p15251]here[/url] for details.

The one thing I don't know is whether this piano is MIDI class compliant.

pmease

Post by pmease » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:00 am

Hi Tadiorio,

Apologies I should have said in my original post that I am using a genuine apple lightening to USB camera adapter.

Hi Laurensss, my piano does have two USB adapter ports, one on the piano lid and one underneath, but neither are female USB B plugs, hence me trying the USB to midi UX16 adapter which provides the female connector to use the apple lightening to USB camera adapter then to the ipad.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your responses.

Paul

Laurensss

Post by Laurensss » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 am

pmease wrote:Hi Tadiorio,
Hi Laurensss, my piano does have two USB adapter ports, one on the piano lid and one underneath, but neither are female USB B plugs, hence me trying the USB to midi UX16 adapter which provides the female connector to use the apple lightening to USB camera adapter then to the ipad.
Yamaha thinks it has three USB ports::
USB TO DEVICE Yes (x 2)
USB TO HOST Yes
See the first picture on this page.

That said, I don't know whether this piano is USB MIDI class compliant. Good luck!

I have no experience using the MIDI adapter with the camera adapter so can't help you there.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:46 am

The thing to note about the "TO HOST" port is it uses a square USB plug (USB Type B) rather than the wide rectangle.(USB Type A). The cable you'll want is a USB Printer Cable (which aren't just for printers, apparently). You'll have a Type A connector that plugs into the Lightning Camera Connector Kit and the Type B which plugs into the TO HOST port.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

pmease

Post by pmease » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi sw1tch73ch and Laurensss,

You were both correct, I was over complicating things using the MIDI interface, simply using the To Host USB printer style port to the apple lightening cable and it all works like a dream !!!

Fantastic and thank you for all your assistance PGS all working.

Many Thanks

Paul