Rookie Lesson 32 (Girl Crush) Out of Sync

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
Chrisnichols

Rookie Lesson 32 (Girl Crush) Out of Sync

Post by Chrisnichols » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 am

The background music for Rookie Lesson 32 (Girl Crush) is out of synch on the iPad. I think the tempo of the sheet music is slightly faster than the background music. By the end of the song, the difference is quite drastic.

I just tried listening to it with both hands demoing on my Mac and everything sounds fine.

Chrisnichols

Re: Rookie Lesson 32 (Girl Crush) Out of Sync

Post by Chrisnichols » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:57 am

I've noticed this in a few other songs, where it required significant mental gymnastics to play the song with the background music enabled but it was quite was quite reasonable with just the metronome. At the time I thought it was just me and that the difference was some aspect of musicality that I wasn't yet grasping.

At least I've now learned to trust my ear!

thomas1018
Site Admin

Post by thomas1018 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 am

Hi Chrisnichols,

I am having trouble replicating this issue on my end. Make sure when you are running Playground on your iPad that you close all other apps running in the background. Having multiple apps open can hurt the performance of Playground. If this issue continues, you might need to adjust the latency. Open the iPad app and go to Settings -> Playback. You will see a slider at the bottom of the screen where you can control the latency.

Chrisnichols

Post by Chrisnichols » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the feedback. I have noticed that it isn't consistent at all. Some days, some songs will be fine, others they won't. Usually restarting the app fixes it.

I'll see if I can get more specific info about when it happens.