The IPad version is lacking required learning features. Could you commit on the next release date.

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
sofer

The IPad version is lacking required learning features. Could you commit on the next release date.

Post by sofer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi,

So no update in 9 months ...

One can work with the current version, but it's far for completee. There are, in my view, some critical missing features (relative to the computer version) that makes the application, as a learning tool, not complete.

That could be ok if there was regular updates, but there are none. This is annoying for a beta version.

Issues are scatered in the threads here, but I'm going to recap some. I try to order them by importance for the learning process, the first three one being the really, really important one:

- cannot zoom in/out in the partition (it's by default a bit too small for my taste);
- cannot select part of the song to be repeated over;
- doesn't have *any* of the "My Playground" statistics/badges available, the entire motivation process is missing!

Other:
- video introduction are not "counted" as seen and there is a bug where it repeats itself after finishing. You need to restart the app;
- cannot record;
- piano demo doesn't seem to work neither;
- missing tips pop up;
- can't buy song;
- missing icon on the song (video, accompagnment);

On the web site, using latest firefox one cannot select multiple filter, it's either level/accompagnment/genre, but not all of them.

So, do you agree that those features should be there ?

Do you expect to upgrade the IPad version any time soon, even a small upgrade would be nice ?

I must say that I like it nevertheless, but I've got the feeling that in the long run this is going to be a very annoying.

Hope that my comments will be helpful,

Regards,

GeorgeA

Re: The IPad version is lacking required learning features. Could you commit on the next release date.

Post by GeorgeA » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi,

Let me add my own priorities for the next iPad app release (when?):

I need to be able to scroll through the entire piece without being in play mode; now I can only get what fills one screen.

I need to be able to select sections to go through at a pace I select.

Best,

wolflone249

Re: The IPad version is lacking required learning features. Could you commit on the next release date.

Post by wolflone249 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:21 am

As far as I am aware the programmer responsible coding the iPad version unfortunately passed away earlier this year. There still hasn’t been any news about the future of the iPad app.

jackswanzy

Post by jackswanzy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:50 pm

I agree with all the above. This is very disappointing, worthy of a money back cancellation. What is going on? I like the PS concept but the execution is sorely lacking.

fkrauthan

Post by fkrauthan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:11 pm

Are there any news on the hiring of a new IPad developer and the future of the iPad app? I would really like to use Playground Sessions but it feels like a lot of the features you pay for are missing and I do not have the space to put a Laptop/PC in front of my piano to use the full feature set.

OneCent

Re: The IPad version is lacking required learning features. Could you commit on the next rele

Post by OneCent » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:00 pm

I agree, the iPad Software needs more love. And for me, the iPad is the netter Device for the Piano. It fittes better then a Notebook on my CLP.

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Sadly, for me, the iPad got worse with the last round of updates to the iOS 11.x. Sound after watching a video on Playground, which was fine before, is now out of tune (flat by a significant bit). I hope Apple un-does whatever they did to the audio system that messed this up. I don't understand how watching a video will change the synthesis of tones, but it does, at least on my iPad.

And yeah, they've discussed getting iOS up to to level with the desktop apps, but don't have a solid time line yet. At least not one they've shared.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Plancton

Post by Plancton » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:44 am

For when an update for IPad.
It is not normal that nothing is done by Playround sessionss to keep the Ipad version up to date.
Are they reading our complains ?. I think no.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:00 am

We released an updated version of the iPad app earlier this year in May. It's available for download in the app store and we've fixed several bugs in order for a more enjoyable experience!

Yes, I can assure you that at least one of us reads all of the forum posts. In February, I was brought on to help with the forums, and since then it's been my personal goal to make sure that they are tended to and are live again.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:22 pm

sw1tch73ch wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:11 pm
Sadly, for me, the iPad got worse with the last round of updates to the iOS 11.x. Sound after watching a video on Playground, which was fine before, is now out of tune (flat by a significant bit). I hope Apple un-does whatever they did to the audio system that messed this up. I don't understand how watching a video will change the synthesis of tones, but it does, at least on my iPad.

And yeah, they've discussed getting iOS up to to level with the desktop apps, but don't have a solid time line yet. At least not one they've shared.
I should note here that I found the fix for my audio issues. I set the "sample rate" that the app uses back to 44.1K. I don't know what happened to either set the app to 48K or to make 48K stop working in one of the iOS updates. but with the Audio set to 44.1K (everyone with audio issues should check this) all the troubles I had seem to have cleared.

A second note, with the latest App update in May the Metronome is very useful. Now we can bring the tempo way way way down and make changes in small increments. On some lessons and songs the default slow speed is still too fast and I previously couldn't do anything about it. Now I can.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --