IPad Connection

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
christy900

IPad Connection

Post by christy900 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 am

I have connected the midi in out ports on my Tyros 4 to my iPad 2. I have used a good quality midi to usb cable and then usb to lightning short cable to complete the connection.

I get a message to say my device is not compatible. Can anyone help please? I know the app is still beta but I would assume there is no problem with this.

Harryleo

Re: IPad Connection

Post by Harryleo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:16 am

it is an easy way to connected the iPad device, that way is a good quality of USB port cable them the responsibility to complete the connection

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Are you using an official Apple adapter?
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:11 am

The "Device Not Compatible" is probably for the USB to MIDI adapter. The Tyros 4 should have a USB to HOST port on it. I can't test to see if the Tyros 4 is iOS compatible (not having a Tyros 4 handy and all), but you can probably find a printer cable (USB Type A to Type B - Rectangle shape on one end, nearly square on the other) to test with to see. Yamaha does list instructions for connecting to "smart devices" like the iPad 2.

Is that USB to Lightning an official Apple adapter? The one I use is the Apple "Camera Connection Kit" adapter (I have the big one with power pass through). My Yamaha P-515 and YPG-635 both were recognized by the iPad. I do have a Roland UM-ONE mk 2 USB to MIDI adapter that the iPad seems to like quite well too.

In the Settings for Playground Sessions do you have more than the "Network Session 1" choice? You should have one that identifies your USB to MIDI adapter.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

Diane80

Post by Diane80 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:23 pm

I’m a new user trying to connect my Yamaha DGX-660 to my iPad. I’m using a printer cable, connected to a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (Apple product); and the app on my iPad does not recognize any device attached to it.

Any ideas?

billandr

Post by billandr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:46 pm

I have the exact configuration and seems to work for me. If this is the latest version of iOS; you should (for other reasons) go into the iPad Settings | "Face ID & Passcodes" | "USB Accessories" and check that on; this allows connectivity regardless of device state.

(guessing the menu options since I don't have it in front of me)
When you go into the Playground Sessions "Edit | Configure MiDi keyboard" - you don't see any options under keyboard "Model"?

Sure the "printer" cable is good working quality? (tested via printer)?

Otherwise; another option is to hard reboot the iPad (home & power - can google exact steps for your model) and see if it's not just a problem.

As a side note; I had no problems with this setup; but just recently updated to the BT-01 adapter which is a bluetooth adapter which I haven't tested yet; but will reply to this thread once I set it up.

mariyastepanenko

Post by mariyastepanenko » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Make sure that the adapter you're using is this one: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD82 ... ra-adapter. If the adapter checks out, next time you launch the app, select the keyboard as the device in the settings: tap on 'Settings' on the bottom left, then tap on Piano from the menu on the left. Make sure that under MIDI DEVICE you see either the name of your keyboard or the name of your cable. If you don't, tap on what is selected and set the correct device from the dropdown.

Bluetooth connectivity is currently not recommended.

If you need further technical assistance, please email us to support@playgroundsessions.com

manymaniyaa

Post by manymaniyaa » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:41 am

Diane80 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:23 pm
I’m a new user trying to connect my Yamaha DGX-660 to my iPad. I’m using a printer cable, connected to a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (Apple product); and the app on my iPad does not recognize any device attached to it.

Any ideas?
these was the best ideas seriously

alexabrown

Post by alexabrown » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:47 am

The iPad is not working properly after updating the device. It is actually showing iTunes has an invalid signature. Please help me with proper ideas. Is there anyone who have any ideas?