iPad Pro working great

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
Didier

iPad Pro working great

Post by Didier » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am

When I was considering signing up for playground sessions, based on one of the comments in this forum, I was unsure whether I would have adequate functionality using an iPad instead of my computer. I just wanted to let you know that I am halfway through the rookie boot camp and have had full functionality using our iPad. I need to use the iPad because our computers are not near the piano.

I connect directly to the piano using a lightening camera connector which also keeps the iPad charged.

The only (inconsequential) glitch using the iPad I’ve found is:
- We can watch the videos on the iPad successfully, but they simply don’t get recorded as a « completed lesson ». (workaround: play them again on the computer and then they get <completed> if you want to bother)

Pohutukawa

Re: iPad Pro working great

Post by Pohutukawa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks for the comment. I'd noticed the lessons aren't logged on the iPad Pro, too. So good to know it's "not just me"! Can you tell me, I'm trying to find out what the symbols at the top of the screen are, particularly the three notes, one with a superscript A above it? Anyway, still feeling my way, but enjoying it so far.

sw1tch73ch

Re: iPad Pro working great

Post by sw1tch73ch » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Those symbols, the note with a number, letter, or none, affect how the notes are demarked on the screen. The number 1 will show the finger numbers to use with the notes. The letter A will show the note names for the notes to play, and the note by itself will show neither finger number or note names. You just get the sheet music notation.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --