metronome and accompaniment timing way off

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
TreeSpring

metronome and accompaniment timing way off

Post by TreeSpring » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:38 pm

Hello! Trying Playground Sessions on a trial and I have found what seems a deal-breaker for me. I have played bass for 36 years and I am pretty comfortable in hearing an accurate pace. Tying in through MIDI on an iPad and the metronome, accompaniment and count-in are absurd. On the count-in, “let’s go” is way out of time to the metronome, and the accompaniment is out of time when changing chords. Which are you intending to be followed? I was going to purchase a lifetime as I love the idea of this program, but at this point I am on lesson two of the Rookie Bootcamp,and consider myself fortunate to save my money!

andrewwegierski

Re: metronome and accompaniment timing way off

Post by andrewwegierski » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi there,

I can assure you it's not supposed to be that way! There's most likely a problem within the settings on the app. Can you try adjusting the sample rate to 44100? If that doesn't fix the issue please email support@playgroundsessions.com and I'll look into other solutions for you. It could also be a problem with the MIDI set up.

Best
Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

FatB

Re: metronome and accompaniment timing way off

Post by FatB » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:33 pm

I've had that, the 1234 sounds like a chipmunk and accompaniment is at super speed but the bar that follow the song is regular speed. I kill/cancel the app and it usually fix the problem. Once I had to install the app and reinstall to solve the problem. It happened to me last week.
The only inconvenience in uninstall/install is you have to reload the lessons but you lose no progress. It's annoying but my laptop is big and heavy and inconvenient to use near the keyboard so I put up with the app, for now. :D
Stef
Je parle francais et anglais/I speak english and french
I use the iPad app with camera connector and a Kurzweil PC361