P115 Yamaha - keys sticking

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
simon132

P115 Yamaha - keys sticking

Post by simon132 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 am

Hello

I am trying some rookie lessons with my ipad connected to MIDI on Yamaha P115.

The ipad correctly sees when I press keys.

The issue I have is at the very start of every lesson it logs a whole bunch of multiple random keys in error (before then correctly seeing the ones I press as part of the lesson).

is there anything I can do to fix this?

many thanks

Simon

andrewwegierski

Re: P115 Yamaha - keys sticking

Post by andrewwegierski » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Simon,

I believe I've been in correspondence with you over email.

If anyone else has any ideas to chime in with, feel free!
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com

sw1tch73ch

Post by sw1tch73ch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 pm

One thought I have is if "dual" voice is selected, every note will see multiple hits. But reading the description, this isn't likely - if the incorrect notes are coming up before Simon presses any keys at all.

Second thought, then, is maybe the MIDI cable or the iOS adapter are not working correctly. I always recommend that iPad users get the "official" Apple USB adapter: The Apple Lightning to USB https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD82 ... ra-adapter - I always get the more expensive Apple adapter that has the power passthrough so you can charge and get USB at the same time. But the one I linked will work well.

The P-115 is a popular choice with the iPad, so we know that this combination can work. But there may be keyboard settings that have gotten confused, like MIDI Clock being sent by the keyboard or perhaps the keyboard rhythm section is trying to play.

You could try a "factory reset" if you don't have a bunch of changes you need to keep. The instructions are on page 24 of the P-115 manual. If you bought the keyboard used, the manual and other documents can be found here: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical ... oduct-tabs
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

tomalonzo

Post by tomalonzo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:30 pm

I am having the same problem but with a completely different setup.

I am doing my sessions on a Windows 10 machine hooked up to a Casio Privia PX-330.
The Playground Session app clearly shows when I am pressing a key on the keyboard (and it indicates correctly on the screen with the virtual keyboard at the bottom). However, when I begin a practice session, even with NO HANDS ON THE KEYBOARD, it will show one (or more) "wrong keys" right at the beginning when the voice says "go".

Clearly this is problematic because each of my scores is reflected in the "wrong notes" that I haven't played. It's almost as if it is reading keys for the MIDI buffer or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

andrewwegierski

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 pm

@tomalonzo,

I responded to your question on your original post. Thanks.
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com