Bug/problem with accidentals

General user help and bug reports for Playground Sessions for iPad tablets
chrisecurtis

Bug/problem with accidentals

Post by chrisecurtis » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:41 am

In Rookie Bootcamp 72 (Freddie Freeloader) the Key is Bb and the melody ends with non-scale accidentals (Gb RH and Ab LH) - giving that cool Mile Davies sound.

About half the time, the app registers the Gb as F# and so marks it wrong, when I've played the right thing (obviously it's the same key/note). Does not seem to happen with any of the other accidentals. It even did this once or twice by showing the first tied note correctly as Gb, the second as F# and the third as Gb again, without me ever taking my finger off the key. It also did showing the first tied note as F# then changing the second and third to Gb without me taking my finger off the key.

Minor issue as I managed to complete anyway but surely the app should recognise midi notes in context, or is it something my piano is doing?

andrewwegierski

Re: Bug/problem with accidentals

Post by andrewwegierski » Wed May 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Hi there,

I tried to replicate this issue but I failed to be able to do so. Might be a problem with your keyboard. We can help at support@playgroundsessions.com.

Also, are there any transposition settings on your keyboard? Perhaps it's defaulting to sharps for some reason first before flats? Strange to me.

Also, thanks for bringing this to my attention because I found the harmony in the backing track to be incorrect below the Gb. Will fix this too

Andrew
Andrew Wegierski

Customer Support Representative
Music Arranger

support@playgroundsessions.com