can't get started

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
salocowen

can't get started

Post by salocowen » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Hello. My name is Samantha. I got my Playground and keyboard months ago, but something is always holding me up. Now it's my computer volume not working right. It keeps cutting out. Does anyone know if I can get the Playground sound to play through the headphones along with the keyboard sound? If so, what do I need to do it? I have a MacBook Pro. Thanks for any help anyone can give. I really want to get busy on this Playground. :)

sw1tch73ch

Re: can't get started

Post by sw1tch73ch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't use a Mac, so I'll have to keep this generic to any computer. The way Playground does the accompaniment is with audio files. They don't usually mix with the audio with the music instrument unless your keyboard has Audio over USB. Some folks have resorted to fancy Headphone setups that allow two inputs, though I don't know any specific examples of those. I use a small inexpensive audio mixer. I have the keyboard on one pair of inputs to the mixer and the computer to a second pair. I can feed the output to headphones or speakers and hear the computer and keyboard together. I have to adjust the volume so they're balanced, but that's what a mixer is for, after all.

I haven't noted any issues on my little windows computer with the application having audio issues that aren't due to cables coming loose.
== Just keep playing. Just keep playing. Just keep playing, playing, playing! ==

-- jbs --

taffy

Post by taffy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:43 am

Hi, if your piano has two headphones jack, then use one for headphone and the other one connect to your computer using 3.5mm AUX stereo audio cable.

scirocco

Post by scirocco » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:17 am

I just use iphone earbuds plugged into the piano (using an adaptor plug). They are open enough that you can hear the music from the speakers on your your tablet or whatever at the same time. Plus I find them more comfortable than full size headphones being so much lighter.

No need for any mixers or fancy setups.

pjiricka

Post by pjiricka » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:09 pm

I also have a MacBook Pro. I found out that when I connect the keyboard (Yamaha NP-12) through USB, and turn the volume on the keyboard all the way down, then the keyboard sound plays through the Playground app on the computer. So I can just plug the headphones to the computer and it all works.

PercyVera

Post by PercyVera » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 am

My keyboard has 2 headphone inputs. Thanks to our Fellow Musicians' clever suggestions, I use one input to connect with a laptop via aux cable and the other I use with comfy light apple earbuds. Because of the sweet sounds I'm enjoying longer practice sessions. Thank you for sharing ideas!