Please allow me to introduce myself...

Introduce yourself to the Playground Community.
Tyler

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Post by Tyler » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:07 pm

So after playing around in Playground I decided to check the forums tab and I saw this. Anyway my name is Tyler (hello everyone!) and I am a grad student (finally) as well as active duty military for over 13 years now. I grew up playing music, mainly brass and guitar, as a kid but I did learn a bit of piano from a friend's mother who was an piano teacher. Unfortunately, I didn't take the instruction too seriously by failing to practice and eventually I quit. After that I graduated high school and and never found the time to continue.

Fast forward 20 some odd years, I am finally in a place where I feel up to learning again and with that said I purchased a DGX-660 and this software for me to learn on my own time. So far I am only an hour into the instruction, but it's a start right? My goal is to eventually take the music I hear in my head and compose it on to paper.

I really enjoy music a lot, it helps me express a lot of what I am thinking as well as moves me in ways I cannot understand. It's just a feeling that I receive honestly! For a few years now I spent a lot of time playing Rocksmith with my guitar and once I saw that Yamaha had a similar software based education application I was thrilled! Anyway I am looking forward to my progress and I am looking to hear about everyone else's!

Thank you and good luck!

~Tyler
~Tyler

davidsides
Site Admin

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Post by davidsides » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Hey Tyler,

It's nice to meet you! First of all, thank you for your 13 years of serving our country. That deserves a ton of respect.

I'm happy to hear that you're jumping back into playing the piano. An hour into the introduction is a great start. As adults, it gets harder and harder for us to carve out time to do things that we want to do - the key is to try to get in enough time here and there so that you avoid huge gaps between your practice and playing time.

Stick with it and you'll be happy you did! :)

Tyler

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Post by Tyler » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Thank you David! I am really enjoying the software and I love how well the arrangments are geared for learning. Consecutively, I've managed to put in about 3 hours of recorded time in Playground in since the beginning of December, though that might not seem like a lot. I do, however, spend a lot of time playing the notes and learning my keystrokes without Playground grading me, just so I can feel comfortable while playing under tempo.
The challenge of practicing daily, even if it's for 10-20 minutes, has been very fulfilling, so I thank you very much for the work you and everyone else have put into this software. It is awesome!

~Tyler
~Tyler